RIP someone or another

Wmcmanus

The reason the great Jamaican stuff deepens over time, over years, not with nostalgia but with meaning and nuance, is that it's a spiritual music. That's the anomaly underlying its power... In the States, rock 'n' roll is always on some level a move away from God into the devil's music, but in Jamaica the cultural conditions were different. Pop grew toward Jah.

https://www.gq.com/story/bunny-wailer-john-jeremiah-sullivan 

• Like 3

Aaron Rose, Photographer In Isolation, Dies at 84

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/11/arts/aaron-rose-photographer-dead.html?referringSource=articleShare 

Mr. Rose made his own cameras and other devices, and Rebecca Hackemann, who was his assistant and archivist from 1999 to 2005, said his studio was a sight to behold.

“It was littered with glass and silver globes, optical devices and cameras he had built himself that replaced lenses with pinholes,” she said by email. “It was like walking into a different century.”

In his darkroom, he spurned the ready-made chemicals available from Kodak and other manufacturers; its walls were lined with bottles and cans full of mysterious substances.

31E5FBEE-CEC0-4D3B-94C8-589C960FE2B7.jpeg

89312A98-E2BD-42A4-B346-0F6C9EA792F1.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, skullguise said:

This....I remember the Hearns fight in the mid-80's, one of the best ever.....and I also am on the "he got ripped off" train for the Leonard fight (as good as Leonard was).

Either way,..

What a match!!!!

That whole era of fights were awesome and I loved the "Pay Per View" gatherings my buddies used to have for them.

• Like 1

RIP, Elgin Baylor.

Elgin_Baylor.jpeg

I've always had a soft spot for those Baylor/West/Chamberlin Lakers squads. To go up against the Celtics year-after-year and lose again and again... that does something to a man. Poor Elgin retired just before they finally broke through in '72.

• Sad 3