New Puppy

boomana

Congrats, Vicki and he really is a cute dog. Have you picked his name yet?

No name yet. Hopefully, he'll have one soon.

how big is puppy supposed to get?

My breeder told me he'll be between 15-20, most likely closer to 20.

So...he was supposed to be delivered to my job around 5, but the puppy van is now running late, and it's now looking like 8PM, and that's only if I meet them either in Wellington or very West Boca. Probably won't get him home until 9:30ish. Bah.

He's wonderful.  The puppy van was running late, so I went to met it in Wellington (for FL folks who know).  He was definitely a bit scared, but after two long walks in the neighborhood, peeing and pooping everywhere, he's just a happy puppy.  He and Ivan are actually getting along fine, as in amazingly fine.  The three of us were on the bed together for awhile, but little dog thinks it's funny to growl a bit.  They've come up to each other multiple times and touched noses.  I think it's going to be a bit more difficult when he's not so timid and wants to play.  

I'm tired.  I'll take pics tomorrow, but I'm really happy.  He's a great little doggie.  

• Like 7

He slept through the night with Ivan also on the bed.  I would never have predicted that, but as I've guessed before, I'm pretty sure that Ivan was around small dogs before he came to me.  I'm going to put little boy in the crate tonight, so I'm sure it won't be quite as easy.  He definitely wants to be right next to you at all times.  He has not shown any interest in any food, including treats, except the wet cat food, which he has made a beeline for a couple times, but responds immediately to a gentle "no," so I'm glad he has that one down.  He was a bit stinky after the puppy van ride, so he's off to the groomer this afternoon for his first beauty session.  I'll post pictures tonight.

• Like 2

wow great new, maybe I can meet him this weekend!

This can be arranged.

This morning he remembered that he was a dog and that creature on the bed was a cat to be barked at and chased. Ivan was fairly okay with it, mostly because he could jump up on places the doggie couldn't.

We went for a long walk this morning and he wanted to be carried or ride on my feet for much of it. He also wanted to get between me and any approaching neighbor and growl at them, which is a behavior I'd like to nip in the bud ASAP.

I'll try and get pics tonight, but the ones from last night were all blurs. He's a wiggle monster.

Ivan and Watson are already playing, but Watson cheats.  He chased Ivan, who was playing with a toy mouse.  Ivan chased back, but as soon as he got close, Watson started yelping like he just got stepped on hard, which scared Ivan enough to run the other direction, and Watson ran back and stole the mouse.  Too funny.  Both slept on the bed together again, though Ivan moved to the laundry hamper at some point in the night.  I think this is going to work out fine.  

He went to the groomer yesterday, and is looking handsome.  We went to Pet Smart and hung out at a busy outdoor restaurant, where he did fine.  We start puppy class on Saturday.  He's pretty territorial/protective of me already (will get between me and approaching others and growl), which is a behavior I want to nip in the bud now before he turns into one of those horrid, aggressive small dogs.  Since I've never had a dog before, I need the training.  

Pic of my baby last night with a friend:

null_zps664b618b.jpg

So my car is still at the restaurant.  Some how my keys disappeared though I never left the table, and was parked on the street right next to it.  All I can figure is that someone picked them up by accident since about ten different people were hanging out asking about him.  Sucks.  At least I had my house keys separate.  Now to find where I put that spare set.........  :-

• Like 1