RMAF 2013

blessingx

I'm not gonna order that Herus thing.

Nope.

Not at all.

Not even thinking about it.

Edit: I didn't just accidentally put in "RMAF2013" in the coupon field to get 15% off the Herus.

Nopes.

Shipping wasn't $1.

I did not say this. I am not here.

Edited by cutestory

He probably hasn't heard many DSD DACs (and gets a few names wrong), but... "Best Sound (highest value) – The best budget sound at the show was in Marriot tower room 6009 on Friday at 10:30 PM when I hooked up the new Resonessence Herus ($350) USB DAC to my MacPro portable and played my own 5.6 DSD recordings. As I listened through a pair of Audio-Technica AW-3000 headphones I was transported back to the moment the recordings were made. The Herus produced a level of sound quality that rivaled any DSD DAC I’ve heard, regardless of price." http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/rmaf-2013-digital-products-show-report/

Edited by blessingx

I've been pretty excited about the Audioengine D3 USB stick, which does 24/96 and sounds just like my Pico DAC/Slim combo but for only $189.

I don't have any DSD music yet, but was willing to give the Herus a try with the 15% discount and $1 shipping. But for full price I'll just stick with my Nuforce Icon DAC with DSD support, and choice of coax digital or analog out. And when I'm portable I'll use the tiny D3. I understand the Herus could replace both, but I'm not that hungry for it.

I was pretty disappointed in the SQ of the D2, though like quite a bit as a wireless streamer. Also @resonessence Herus running off iPhone5 with Apple adapter http://pic.twitter.com/L76KA6krnN

I've been using the D2 as a replacement for Airport Express, as the optical out and RCA out are very noticeably better than the Airport express doing the same thing. I can remote control the Mac with the D2 transmitter via Apple Remote on iPhone, and listen anywhere I have the receiver connected.