kgst

kevin gilmore

Thanks!  Awesome work on everyone else's builds too!  I got a lot of inspiration from them for my own build.  =)

There's a fab lab / hackerspace in my community that has a Epilog laser engraver / cutter that I was able to use to make the real panels.  I had actually planned to etch the front panel too using Thermark tape (http://www.thermark.com/content/view/38/78/) but decided not to when I saw how nice the plain panels looked when I received them.  

That's a lovely build chiguy, congrats. And a great set of photos too!

Glad you like the sound.  I must say I am really loving mine and while I'm at it, would like to say how I like the neat pcb layout Birgir did for us.   An amp of this quality for a reasonable price is a huge asset to the estat world.

PS If I may mention Linn are doing their 24 days of Christmas free HR download samples.

Thanks everyone =)

An amp of this quality for a reasonable price is a huge asset to the estat world.

This, very much this.

Thermark is what we use on my panels.  It works well but has to be used with some care. 

Just curious, what kind of care is needed?

I've used 1.37K in my amps and it works well with the 1K pot. 

I'm checking the amp (without pot). The balance is OK, BIAS 580 volt but I can´t down the offset. Now I´m using 1.5k. and I would like use a 10K pot. Would it be possible to use 1K?

10K pot? ???  It is supposed to be 1K

Yes because I don't receive the 1K VOLUME pot yet and I want hear it now :unsure:  :unsure:

EDIT: I was talking volume potentiometer not the offset trimpot. I'm sorry the confusión. I use a 1K trimpot and a R 1.5k.

Edited by jose

While listening to my KGST last night, after an hour the fuse popped. Checking it out I found carbon tracks on the isolator bushing and heat sink on the output CCS to ground. Any ideas on why this happened, or preventive measures? With new parts, would assembly with a silcone dielectric grease at that interface help?

post-4504-0-96195200-1418090631_thumb.jp

post-4504-0-02856300-1418090660_thumb.jp

Edited by Laowei