kgst

kevin gilmore

Thanks Laowei,now I understand what Kevin meant with the Neutrik connector. The problem is I don't have enough space behind my amp.I already use angled connectors. Besides I think it is a bit overkill.I only need 6 resistors to attenuate the signal. I have done some new calculations: line input 10k, attenuation 10dB, R1 & R2 2700 ohms, R3 3300 ohms.

I'm using a Gungnir in 4V balanced output too. It's truely a balanced circuit directly from the differential DACs, not an afterthought.

With a Gungnir, one could always easily go to SE output at 2V and get a -6dB attenuation.

The 50K Alpha pot in my KGST is at about 8:30-9:00 for a realistic volume level. I just bought a 4 gang Alps RK50 from Justin to try out on my next build. I may try some attenuation before it with some Vishay TX2575 resistors to give a more useful range of adjustment.

Edited by Laowei
  • Like 1

After work I have done some soldering. This site gives lot of information http://www.sengpielaudio.com/calculator-voltagedivider.htm. I made an attenuator with resistors I had by hand.I used circuit B .With two 10k seriesrisistors and 5.6 parallel. The attenuation should be 11.5dB. I think it can even a bit more. 12.00 o'clock is now OK with classical music, but much too loud with modern pop music.Older pop music is not so loud.

post-4438-0-39471500-1421773465_thumb.jp

Greetings to the entire collective of Head-Case.org, this is my first post and I want to take this opportunity to introduce myself.

I write to you from Spain. Long time ago I use headphones, but just three years I have serious devices, the same time that I am a member of the best forum headphones in my country. In fact I see some familiar faces here ::).
I have academic background in electronics and electricity and have interest in DIY projects developed in this community, especially the electrostatic headphones amplifiers, in fact want to start building a KGST.
I ask you to forgive my English, is very bad and I'm sure many will say stupid things, I hope not to bother too much with them.

Also take this opportunity to thank Remolon for discover me this project, Jose for encouraging me to build and especially to Headinclouds for providing me purchase of the material. To all of them thank you very much friends.

Nice to be here with you.
Fernando
  • Like 3