Florida Gathering 11/16/13 aka Geneapoloza

jp11801

Well Florida has been silent for far too long. We plan to get together Saturday 11/16 for maybe a bit of gear sampling while we drink a few bottles from Mike and my beer collection. There should likely be a trip to the Funky Buddha Brewery, maybe a bicycle ride the following morning and how knows what else. 

Gene has decided to make an appearance so the meet is titled in his honor! So far Mike, Vicky, Raffy, Carl and Bonnie are on the attendee list but all Head Case folks are welcome. If anyone is still interested in gear I've got the AK 100 and HiFIMan 901 around if you wanted to check these out. I can also call over to JH and see if we can scrounge the demo of the Roxanne for the weekend. So chime in if you think you can attend. There are plenty of hotel options near me  and my place in right on the beach. I've also got a barbecue grill out on the condo patio we could use as well for lunch or dinner. 

Very Loose Itinerary 

Friday night - gather up head over to the Buddha for the food truck and beer

Saturday - kill some rareish bottles (various years of Hunahpu, a few FFF beers (Dark Lord, Baller and Behemoth maybe some Eclipse and how knows what else), listen to some music or not then head out to either the Buddha or another local spot. 

Sunday - take our tired asses on a bike ride up  A1A 

Florida locals feel free to chime in with other options 

Shoot, I wish I would have known about this yesterday.  Just booked a ticket for a business trip that has me returning from London to Miami on Wed Nov 13th, and I don't really need to be back in Cayman until the following Monday.  Don't know why I didn't schedule several extra days in Miami to begin with.  I'm teaching on Mon and Wed this quarter, and the meetings I have overseas are on a Tues, so I'll have to cancel both classes that week no matter what, thus giving me lots of cushion on the return flights.  I've just emailed the travel agent to see how much flexibility there is on that last leg from Miami to Cayman.  If I can push that back until Sunday or Monday, then I'll be there for the drunk fest.

Looks like it will cost $150 to change the date of the return flight, plus the difference in fare and taxes, if any.  Working with this travel agent is like pulling teeth.  I've got to spell everything out for him.  Asked him about 3 specific return flight alternatives with Cayman Airways on Sunday and Monday, and he came back with a generic answer.

Hey, it worked!  Same class of service was available so the only charge was the date change of $150.  I'm there!  In fact, I'll be arriving in Miami on Wednesday evening and driving over to Tampa to pick up a bunch of shit that has been accumulating in the motorhome that I need to bring back to Cayman in time for the Santa season.  While I'm there I'll grab the last of the Matt the Younger brew that I still have (one bottle of each of 5 or 6 blends that he did with his friend Rob) and bring it back with me on Saturday.  Should be fun.  I'll be looking forward to it. 

Ironically, I'll be in Cayman that weekend myself. Sorry guys, sounds like a great time.

Oh shit!  I forgot about that.  We were supposed to have beers and listen to headphones and such.  I'll be gone from Sunday Nov 10th won't be getting back until late on Sunday night, Nov 17th.  What days are you here?

Oh shit! I forgot about that. We were supposed to have beers and listen to headphones and such. I'll be gone from Sunday Nov 10th won't be getting back until late on Sunday night, Nov 17th. What days are you here?

Arriving the 12th and leaving the 18th.

Arriving the 12th and leaving the 18th.

Dang!  That's just wrong, man.  I feel bad.  But I would have been here otherwise!  What time are you leaving on the 18th?  Maybe we could at least meet for breakfast at your hotel, and I could take you to the airport.

Edited by Wmcmanus

Sorry gang, I'm not going to be able to make it to this one.  But I will be down in Florida this winter.

Oh well sorry to hear but get in contact with us when you are here next! 

Well, I'm very in.  Excited to have the gang together, even if not the full gang.  

I just have to reach out to the FL crew that have gone silent lately like Dom and Fleacom