Florida Gathering 11/16/13 aka Geneapoloza

jp11801

You guys have really pissed me off by scheduling the first SoFla meet in years right in the middle of my trial.  As such, and based on Raffy's request, I searched out photos of the MammalToe to make you writhe in agony.  I was frustrated to find so few shots of this beast and nothing with a full frontal shot, perhaps because most people cannot bear to gaze upon it long enough to take a photo.  

Here is the MammalToe grazing in his natural environment.

DSC03229.jpg

I also found the MammalToe in his winter coat

Saturday-Afternoon-12.jpg

Well, after searching WAY too many old impressions threads, I had to make do with a shot of AnalToe with the extra added bonus of Oz showing off his mime routine.

4161473068_9b7ff891fb_b.jpg

two weeks away from the ugly Sunday wake up! 

Not much gear to speak of although I've got a bit of a portable shootout with the 901 vs the a k100 (pico slim amped) and a speaker shootout Genelec monitors going up against the Alon speakers powered by the Cary Rocket 88 ( I pray I do not favor the Cary Alon system). My Zana/W3000 system is hitting the FS blocks over at HF so this is the last shot to hear that combo locally (that I know of). 

Also the beer selection should be pretty dang good I've got what I think is a very very rare http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/201/6517/?sort=serv&servT=1&start=25 beer that is either going to be awesome or suck balls. This could be a recreation of the sour beer fiasco at my old place. If anyone is up for it we'll also have a 20 year old lambic. 

Hey anybody invite Miguel? I just shot Gary a PM over there to see if he any the family is available.

PS out of towers welcome! (until you pass out and we glue your hands together)

Edited by jp11801

I should be able to make it

:jbl:  :jbl:  :dan:  :dan:  :jbl:  :jbl:

Dimitris, this is not the "standard" meet so gear while present will be sparse (yeah we'll have 4-5 rigs set up and probably 1-2 mind blowing ones) with the emphasis on friends getting together. If you want to join us for the meet PM me and we can discuss. The meet is in Pompano Beach 3-3.5 hours from you. 

Dimitris, this is not the "standard" meet so gear while present will be sparse (yeah we'll have 4-5 rigs set up and probably 1-2 mind blowing ones) with the emphasis on friends getting together. If you want to join us for the meet PM me and we can discuss. The meet is in Pompano Beach 3-3.5 hours from you. 

Got it! Unfortunately I don't think I will be able to join unless my 2 year old starts feeding himself and start changing his diaper on his own. :)

Ok , this is it! Beer fridge is filling up rapidly 2 year old Black Ops, several bottles of wax topped FFF goodness, CCB Brandy Hunah...

On Sunday there is a special event at the Funky Buddha, they will be pouring Maple Bacon Coffee Porter (growlers for founder club members). Sweet Potato Casserole, Oaked Hop Gun, Barrel Aged Brown Ale... Starts at the crack of dawn 11am. This could prove to be a challenging weekend. Hydrate! 

So.....would anyone object if I brought the puppy?  I'm not yet ready to leave him home all day/evening. He's a pretty chill little guy.  I can bring his crate and also drive him home if he gets out of hand for some unknown reason.  

This is Watson hanging out at daycare yesterday:

995543_766710303346024_2002528894_n_zps9

Oh...and the Stax/BHSE rig will be in attendance.  Not sure which source I'll bring yet. 

• Like 1