Light Harmonic Geek Pulse

blessingx

Adding to the tedium, I just have to make a couple of points in response to that bogus timeline.  First of all, that timeline is wrong because placing the Samsung F700 in December 2007 is a lie.  The F700 was designed by Samsung in August 2006 before the iPhone was made public; Samsung got a Korean design patent for F700 that was filed in December 2006 before ANY of the iPhone patents were filed; the F700 was announced and shown at the Barcelona consumer electronics fair in February 2007, which was a month after the iPhone was announced; and it was first released in August 2007 while the iPhone was first released on June 29, 2007.  

The large rectangular screens that became available first with resistive touch technology and then with capacitive touch technology dictated that smartphones were going to be rectangular for the most part.  Use by humans and storage in pockets dictates rounded outside corners for the most part because they are more ergonomic and approachable.  I do not deny that Apple had an impact on how mobile phones looked, but there were rounded rectangle phones at Samsung and elsewhere for years prior to the iPhone.  So, it is not correct to say they caused a drastic change -- function dictated the form before and since -- and the scope they claim for their patents is ludicrous.

11.jpg

bm200_3.jpg

12.08.10-F700.jpg

smasung-designs-in-development-before-ip

iphone-prior-art-595x262.jpg

4060-UltraSmartF700copy.jpg

900x900px-LL-de3753c8_12.08.15-Presentat

At least the past few posts have discussed actual products :)

HA!  :laugh:

Yep, the modern form factor of smartphones is pretty much a given that they mostly go in pockets. Edit: (Oops, Voltron got that already)

I do, however, find it funny that before the iPhone, there was what looked like an arms race to the smallest flip phone possible.

picresized_1231342960_436f6e5332e741cd7e

Now, its the opposite.

Tactical-Pants-Blog-Searches-For-Pants-W

But, back on topic.... fuck Light Harmonic.

Edited by roadtonowhere08

Has Light Harmonic actually delivered product to people? I think I've seen a few unboxing videos, but they seem to have been done by review sites.

i think they shipped that thing that breaks off your USB port but maybe it was just big time reviewers/shills that got theirs. i havent followed it closely enough. i have no idea how many things they are 'making' now

• 3 weeks later...