Light Harmonic Geek Pulse

blessingx

One guy in Australia asks why he was sent a tracking number for someone in CA.....

I may have an answer for this one. USPS re-uses first class international and possibly Priority International tracking #s. You see the tracking info from the last recipient until as late as the next day after the package is scanned. I have to explain this every time i ship an international package through USPS. Luckily, it hasn't cost me any knee-jerk chargebacks yet.

I may have an answer for this one. USPS re-uses first class international and possibly Priority International tracking #s. You see the tracking info from the last recipient until as late as the next day after the package is scanned. I have to explain this every time i ship an international package through USPS. Luckily, it hasn't cost me any knee-jerk chargebacks yet.

Yup, I've seen it happen a couple times myself. I've also had weird update delays where I didn't see any of the the package status updates until well after delivery.

Has anybody compared this to the Meridian Explorer50?  TTYJ is selling the latter for $149 using Explorer50 as the discount code.  It's for newsletter subscribers only, so you may have to be on their subscription list for the code to work.

Edit: Corrected price.

Edited by guzziguy

I owned the Meridian Explorer, didn't do many comparisons, but the sound signature was fairly similar I thought between that and the GO.  Clean, detailed.  The Meridian MAY have had a touch more bass impact, literally certain tracks seem to impact me less with the GO.  But no complaints overall with either, both very good.

BTW, the Meridian also doesn't control volume on its own, it uses the source machine's volume control.....

Ironically, they "upgraded" me from 420 to a 1000, but my plan was to use it to drive IEMs, so I complained. When I got the 420 and listened to it, it was noisy as fuck and so I tried the 1000. Eureka! Even though the volume control is a bit coarse, it's totally silent with JH16s. I uncomplained and sent back the 420.

You guys really have me interested now.  So, you can't hear any noise floor with either the 1000 or the 720?  Are there any other notable differences in performance?

I'm with you Tom.  My pre-order was September, and it IS good, but also my last order too.

I got it yesterday ,it came black not silver that I ordered with a note saying that not to have to wait due to Q/C issues  & T shirt the wrong size to appese me I quess.

I am not thrilled with that as they just sent it & didn't give me notice or option to pick a differant color or refund.

The black looks like its painted flat black,Like they painted over the silver finished ones they had that where not finished right.

I have not listened to it yet & may just send it back for a refund if I can.

For fun tried the GO720 as a DAC feeding ECBA & HD800s. Not a success. Think underwater. Stick with it as all-in-one.

Now you've killed my interest. If the DAC is inadequate, there's not much point. Or was it the particular pairing that seemed to fail?

It's the output, not the DAC implementation as far as I can tell. The funkiness is only if your searching for a line level. Use the internal amp and you may be quite happy. Well if you're not searching for absolute perfection with $200.

Edited by blessingx

But they advertised and promoted it as it. As all their products. The biggest thing since sliced bread, and last campaign, of course. Or am I mistaken?

Probably. I'm not sure if two jacks changed over time (from headphone & line out to two headphone outs) as I didn't follow this campaign closely (I'm a Pulse backer). LH unfortunately changes things quickly as the backers swing (and we all know the dangers of design by committee). I'm also not sure how any of these dongle DAC/amps perform as DACs and I question LHs quality control to even weigh my GO720 as representative. That said I've never heard anything this cheap & small sound this good as a DAC/amp (and have two offline friends more knowledgeable in the space who feel similar). Did LH make a ton of serious errors during their campaigns? An understatement, but for exaggerating the sliced bread angle [edit: see Grawks comment above], sure same as everyone else (Pono and a ton of high end manufactures have spread more audio misinformation/marketing lies IMO). Not a great yardstick though. ;) My problems with LH are elsewhere. You may have higher expectations than I so you're best to know if you'd be disappointed. If price and size aren't part of the equation, maybe look elsewhere? I have a new office rig. Edited by blessingx

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmmm, hasn't hit me yet.....but I don't fumble much with volume.  Still, something to monitor.  

And not surprised to see the reactions to LH's lack of communication.  I was in the same boat, order held up for a while because they only had one color for the 720.  Never friggin' told me, never offered the black as an alternative until I wrote a rather scathing note/trouble ticket.....

• 2 months later...

Will it ever gonna end?

I mean, it seems difficult, now that is a "Forever Funding pilot program", with a new and improved product.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/geek-pulse-ultra-high-def-audio-for-your-desktop

Did anyone anywhere received anything different from Geek Out from them?