Light Harmonic Geek Pulse

blessingx

Will it ever gonna end?

I mean, it seems difficult, now that is a "Forever Funding pilot program", with a new and improved product.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/geek-pulse-ultra-high-def-audio-for-your-desktop

Did anyone anywhere received anything different from Geek Out from them?

Rolling Thunder Funder.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, it's something. ;)

To be fair, although delayed multiple times (I think July was first ship date before things went crazy), the DAC has been slated to ship mid-December for a bit now. Different models, different times, so others may be getting them this week.

I guess I could always do this now [skip to 3:50].

Some nice ideas with the enclosure, makes me wonder how much of the R&D budget is going towards case engineering

and by wonder I mean assume it's 100%

For those unfamiliar - their "Geek Soul" upgrade.  ;)

15424d1415858610-official-light-harmonic

15390d1415661139-official-light-harmonic

Edited by blessingx

Over time we've certainly got to know a great deal about Light Harmonic business practices, but we'll find out about SQ and/or BJs shortly.

Supposedly their shipping order is campaign waves (1st, 2nd, Purgatory/Current, etc.), sub-ordered by model (Pulse, Pulse X, Pulse S), further divided by order date, at a rate of about 20 units per day (though have my suspicions about this). Not sure anyone here ordered (and didn't cancel or upgrade) a base model early, so we're probably a few weeks away from receiving one, but the few of us still in included early orders and base models.

Have to admit I prefer the experience of waiting on new gear arriving from a company I respect.

Edited by blessingx

Here's the funny thing - I still kinda do. Maybe naive, but all the campaign disasters aside (and I wouldn't suggest ignoring for any future purchases), I still think the Geek Out 720 sounds decent and hope this scales accordingly. Expectations wrapped in the price paid blanket of course.

Can anyone more knowledgable than I (everyone) tell anything from this?