AKG K812

Dusty Chalk

• 4 weeks later...

got my k812 today to show at the austin headphone meet on jan 18. even dealer cost quite high. not worth it. not natural sounding. too bright, female vocals etched. airy and comfy, well and good, but not up to T1 or Audeze or even fostex th-600/th-900. not sure what to do with dealer demo pair if show doesnt go well. sigh. reminds me of the new denon totl cans, which are mid-fi. i asked my rep to tAke those back, for which i paid dearly. hopefully someone will beg to buy them.

I'm sure there is a Chinese buyer out there who will beg you for it if you are good at BSing.

The Chinese HiFi community is still raving about rudi and ultrasone after all, not to mention Lehmann, Graham Slee, hedgehog SAC KK and the sorts. Many even still think D7100 is a worthy successor of D7K... All thanks to some douchebag bloggers...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Tyll put up his review and it was no surprise, other then that he actually went through with posting it. I was thinking though looking at the inside of the cups, perhaps a mod like the HD800 would help? It looks quite similair with the ring around the driver being a reflective surface. Anyway...

I might start reading the thread on the other place for comedic value, i smell a shitstorm brewing hahahaha.