Your recent music purchases

deepak

Thanks! Now I need to get out of here so I can listen to them. Only a few hours to go. It looks like I will be out there in a few weeks.

Get one of these from Todd before you come out, and you can take a shit-load of vinyl home with you. Aomeba alone has hundreds of used records I would buy at any given moment.

record_bag.jpg

Get one of these from Todd before you come out, and you can take a shit-load of vinyl home with you. Aomeba alone has hundreds of used records I would buy at any given moment.

record_bag.jpg

Off to ttvj. I love Aomeba. It has a huge selection of vinyl and is in close proximity to Tornado and Magnolia.

First vinyl I've bought since the new tt. I re-discovered a local record shop that just epanded their vinyl collection.

newalbums.jpg

Sky Blue Sky sounds great since Wilco records on analog equipment. Methinks I spy an MFSL DSOTM, which will be cool. I own that same Belew record, its bizarre and fun. I have the 45RPM In Rainbows which sounds ridiculous, but I can't speak for the 33 1/3. I'd like your impressions on The Reminder, I've considered snagging the LP off eBay.

Tyrion, i remember you from Head-fi years ago. You had a steal yer face for an avatar.

As for what I was doing when I was 13, I was collecting Dead tapes and going to my 1st show @ the Rosemont....'89

deadheads are starting to takeover this place. yay! :prettyprincess:

soon the WAYLT? thread will be filled with nothing but Dicks Picks and JGB bootlegs. :dance:

Sky Blue Sky sounds great since Wilco records on analog equipment. Methinks I spy an MFSL DSOTM, which will be cool. I own that same Belew record, its bizarre and fun. I have the 45RPM In Rainbows which sounds ridiculous, but I can't speak for the 33 1/3. I'd like your impressions on The Reminder, I've considered snagging the LP off eBay.

Sky Blue Sky sounds excellent. I bought a used copy of The Reminder and it needs a good cleaning. There was a new copy in the store. I may go back and pick it up. I think it was $16. The DSOTM MFSL came in while I was there. I picked it up for $30. The vinyl is perfect but the cover is not, which doesn't bother me in the least.

The mofi CD of DSotM isn't that great. I have an original and it's fun to listen to for the massive bass eq they added.

The most highly sought after CD versions are very early Japanese pressings, that sell for $400-600. Even then not that great compared to the vinyl.