Your recent music purchases

deepak

Audrey Ryan - Dishes & Pills

audreyryan2.jpg

Audrey Ryan Home

MySpace.com - Audrey Ryan - Bar Harbor/Somerville/NYC - Indie / Rock / Experimental - www.myspace.com/audreyryan

She's a (fairly) local artist playing at a tiny small local club in downtown Portsmouth tomorrow night, so I checked out some samples and really liked what I heard. She's opening for someone else, so it will probably be a nice short set should I decide to go.

Hoffman 45s:

Blakey - Moanin'

Coltrane - Blue Train

Jackie McClean - Bluesnik

I was actually trying to decide between Brooks or Silver, but I listened to the McClean online and it was my favorite of the three.

I would go with Bluesnik over those as well, but you didn't factor that one into the equation earlier. Bluesnik is one of the best releases so far. Good choice.

I would go with Bluesnik over those as well, but you didn't factor that one into the equation earlier. Bluesnik is one of the best releases so far. Good choice.

Yeah, it came out of left field. Glad I made the right choice!

My humble collection so far has Tunisia, Soul Station, Big Beat, and now Moanin', Blue Train, and Bluesnik. I've always been a fan of Blakey, but I'm just absolutely loving the Mobley. Definitely want to get some more of his stuff. So smooth, so chill, yet so swingin'.

I wish the Acoustechs were a fancy gatefold. The Music Matters gatefolds are so shiny, vivid, and beautiful that I actually feel like they are worth $50. They way they used the negatives to reproduce those photos really makes them look like a still shot from an HD movie.

Yeah, it came out of left field. Glad I made the right choice!

My humble collection so far has Tunisia, Soul Station, Big Beat, and now Moanin', Blue Train, and Bluesnik. I've always been a fan of Blakey, but I'm just absolutely loving the Mobley. Definitely want to get some more of his stuff. So smooth, so chill, yet so swingin'.

I wish the Acoustechs were a fancy gatefold. The Music Matters gatefolds are so shiny, vivid, and beautiful that I actually feel like they are worth $50. They way they used the negatives to reproduce those photos really makes them look like a still shot from an HD movie.

Funny, but I had the same reaction to Hank Mobley from these records. First on Kenny Drew's Undercurrent then on Soul Station. Really dig his sax. There are three more Mobley records as leader on Music Matters and one on Analogue Productions. Good stuff.

Yesterday I bought:

Who Killed Amanda Palmer - Order Today!

wkap-album350.png

It's the solo project of the lead singer of The Dresden Dolls, a favorite of mine.

Gonna check that out today. Rhapsody has the one you bought plus this one with some extra tracks:

1388231_500x500.jpg

Redbook CDs

Bowery Electric - Beat (electronica)

Priscilla Ahn - A Good Day (folk)

Thievery Corporation - Radio Retaliation (trip-hop) (NEW - releases tomorrow)

eMusic Downloads (all electronica)

Kammarheit - Asleep And Well Hidden

Kammarheit - The Starwheel

Matthew Florianz, Erik T'Saz, & Joris De Man - Electronic Forest

Rapoon - Errant Angels

Terra Ambient - The Darker Space

Previous updates from Head-Fi over the past 12 months in reverse chronological:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/4515003-post2879.html

Head-Fi: Covering Headphones, Earphones and Portable Audio - View Single Post - Your 5 newest CDs (or LPs)

Head-Fi: Covering Headphones, Earphones and Portable Audio - View Single Post - Your 5 newest CDs (or LPs)

• 3 weeks later...

Random jazz smattering of the past few days.

Hopefully it wont prohibit getting something very very sweet from Ebay tomorrow :o

The Cannonball Adderley Quintet in San Francisco - Cannonball Adderley Quintet

The Quota - Jimmy Heath

Wheelin' & Dealin' - John Coltrane with Frank Wess

Red Alert - Red Garland

Really Big! - Jimmy Heath

Jazz in Silhouette - Sun Ra Arkestra

Dig It! - Red Garland Quintet with John Coltrane

The Panther! - Dexter Gordon

All Mornin' Long - Red Garland Quintet

Central Park North - Thad Jones-Mel Lewis Orchestra

Manteca - Red Garland Trio with Ray Barretto

African Waltz - Cannonball Adderley