Your recent music purchases

deepak

VidyA- VidyA this is really great, I pretty much stopped listening to jazz and what a great way to return. A South Indian classical music/jazz trained saxophonist, stand up bass and drummer (kit) also trained in indian classical music. The saxophonist has a vocal and lyrical quality to his playing I find incredibly refreshing and beautiful. Check this one out curious to know what you think.

http://www.vidyamusic.com

• 3 weeks later...

Kenny Burrell - Midnight Blue

Horace Parlan Trio - Us Three

Freddie Hubbard - Here To Stay

Hoffman 45s.

Once again I ordered completely different titles then I thought I would. I listened to the Burrell on iTunes and was instantly enthralled. I've never heard guitar jazz I really like, aside from free jazz freak out stuff, but this was cool. I was iffy on the Parlan, but I thought it would be nice to have a piano trio when I feel like relaxing without a horn blowing in my face. The Hubbard I also checked out on iTunes and found his playing just awesome.

I listened to my RVG Kenny Drew earlier and while I enjoy it, I decided I'd rather not pay $60 for it. It's hard enough shelling out $50 apiece for the ones with plenty of remaining stock.

Kenny Burrell - Midnight Blue

Horace Parlan Trio - Us Three

Freddie Hubbard - Here To Stay

Hoffman 45s.

Once again I ordered completely different titles then I thought I would. I listened to the Burrell on iTunes and was instantly enthralled. I've never heard guitar jazz I really like, aside from free jazz freak out stuff, but this was cool. I was iffy on the Parlan, but I thought it would be nice to have a piano trio when I feel like relaxing without a horn blowing in my face. The Hubbard I also checked out on iTunes and found his playing just awesome.

I listened to my RVG Kenny Drew earlier and while I enjoy it, I decided I'd rather not pay $60 for it. It's hard enough shelling out $50 apiece for the ones with plenty of remaining stock.

All good choices Jack. ;)

garagedaysrevisited.jpg

Metallica - The $5.98 EP

Vinyl off ebay, record club copy, and I didn't pay that much more then the original price ($9.08 shipped). Great record, and sounds great to! The drums pummel and Kirk's solos soar. Has some of my favorite "metallica" tunes, even though they are covers. "Helpless" "The Wait", and of course my personal favorite thing they play: "Last Caress".