Your recent music purchases

deepak

qVd-0T6M-VokCMwf0olLWFuE38m55RYir2K8wM5z

wx2sJX2iDNm_mW0HSgPr9DSGuSsiuWOBVDs1Ygua

dbppgv-T-HemY96lI6PzoOF6pANhrtv4VALHFjVJ

t0ayRBdly37T0Eh1-gVwCjpdklXCm0ERnlbH3v5P

So I traded in my Radiohead In Rainbows 2x45RPM and my deluxe box of The Smiths Complete for the above at my local record shop.

Sex Pistols - Bollocks original pressing promo

Radiohead - OKC original pressing

Run DMC original pressing

Pearl Jam - Ten original pressing (sealed)

Pretty excited about the trade. That Smiths box was beautiful but it was fucking enormous and whenever I want to listen to The Smiths I reach for my original pressings instead of the remasters. And I don't like In Rainbows. Everyone loves it, I never got it. I actually like King of Limbs better than In Rainbows.

I've been staring at that Ten original pressing sit on the high shelf at the shop for over a year. 

Of the above I've only listened to the Run DMC, and it sounds fucking awesome. Super clean, not a pop or click to be found. Which makes me worry I'm about to embark on a journey of buying as many clean 1980s hip-hop original pressings as I can find.

Edited by postjack
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

180g 2016 remaster of Pink Floyd's Animals for $30.

Use this link if you want a copy, too, please.  I get a credit.

Every time they send me their daily suggestion via text, it's usually a decent -- but not the best -- price.  The prices I'm seeing for 180g 2016 Animals right now is more in the $55 range.  Since it's one of my favourite albums of all time -- if not my the favourite album of all time -- I'm a gettin' it.

• Like 2

• 7 years later...

Nercoing the absolute shit out of this thread because not everything has to go Jacob's Jacobless Jacobing.  It's my birthday.  Tomorrow.  I'm treating myself to a nice Canon 600mm lens some of the finer selections from my Discogs wantlist:

XL7Gyo5.jpg

First up is an obscure and normally difficult to acquire Norwegian ambient album from the mid 90s (I swear I don't have a type ...I totally have a type.)  NNC - Fosen.  It's professionally produced, but privately release and seldom comes up for sale.  Check out the review a Discogger nearly as old as I am wrote in '08:

You know the feeling; coming home from a rave, fucked, incapacitated, somehow trying to come to terms with the end of the night, reaching for something to drown out the noise and help you through the morning, no beats, no melody, just sound. Thomas Köner, Chris Meloche, Aloof Proof, later Deathprod and Løksa's unknown "Green Adaptor" are all helpful in escaping vertigo, but "Fosen" has sent me drifting off to sleep more often than any other record: the drone contained in the first track is, quite simply, perfect.

Although they're Norwegian, I have no idea who Brønlund and Mikkelborg are (alas, no first names to go from) or, indeed, if they've recorded anything else. But this album (I'm not even sure how it should be listed - it's that obscure) is ample proof that music where "nothing happens" is, sometimes, all you need.

mmeSQPC.jpg

IPG - D*****land EP.  A CD version of an early 90s EP on the short-lived but storied t:me label.  t:me was the predecessor to the storied em:t label.  em:t was a terribly run business (they failed not once but twice) but were home to legendary releases like Woob's 1194 and 4495, not to mention Gas - 0095.  I also threw in Alexandroid - False Starts which I don't know too much about because it was cheap.  Alexandroid is one of those insanely prolific Russian electronic musicians I used to rant about on my radio show.

slMzLZk.jpg

The last one is a sealed copy of Lol and Rey Silva - Ambient Or Ambient, which is a peculiar release from Spain in the early 2000s.  Spain actually has long history with downtempo, primarily because of the island of Ibiza.  With that in mind, the mainland of the country also has a very small scene that tends to get overshadowed.  I've noticed that Spanish releases often have miserable distribution and can be a nightmare to get.  It's only been in the last few years that I've seen this one for sale on Discogs or anywhere else.

• Like 5