NY Spring Meet April 5 2014

bozebuttons

• 2 weeks later...

Oh you're making it alright! If I drag my ass from Fort Lauderdale to Lawng Island you can get your passport stamped and leave Manhattan. I will see Dinny on this trip.

Looking good here schedule-wise, at least for evening activities, if you're still making it Nums.

Not looking good for me at this point. Work deadlines are mounting and the timing is just not good. :(

Rats.  Would love to see you soon Nate.

Keep me/us updated, Nate....I can still drive down, we can discuss logistics if you think that things can still work out and you want/need the ride.

Last spring, I left my house around 5:30am, got there in plenty of time and had a ball; and I stayed at a hotel overnight, coming back fairly early Sunday.  I have extended family there (Oyster Bay), but knowing I wasn't going to see them much at all, decided not to freeload....

Sadly it's not a matter of me working faster, it's a matter of getting the people that work for me to work faster.

This is one of the reasons why I'm happy that I don't have to manage people anymore.

Just realized I'll be in New York (state) for the meet weekend.  Unfortunately, I'll still be couple hours away at my in-laws and/or nephew's birthday party.

Edited by Salt Peanuts

• 2 weeks later...

One week away, I recieved a limited edtion sennheiser momentum From Senn & Grado PS500  from Gardo labs for the not so silent auction.

For those who are staying overnight Check out links   for 2 marriots 10 minutes from the hall.

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/ispli-courtyard-republic-airport-long-island-farmingdale/

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/ispra-towneplace-suites-republic-airport-long-island-farmingdale/

Edited by bozebuttons

So, got the blessing from my wife.

Who all is going? Just want to make sure it's worth the 4hrs in a car and time away from family... I don't really care about the gear.

It' s not about the gear for me but hanging out with everyone that makes meets so great.

Yes it will be worth the ride & sometimes its nice just to get away.