Guitar-Case

VPI

http://imgur.com/a/kjM7R

I ordered this guitar almost a year ago.  They finally came in in ... January/February?  We've been going back and forth on pickups until finally I said fuck it, just send me the guitar stock.  He shipped it with the pickups included, but taken out, no strings, and a chip.  I think it's been sitting like this for the last month or so, because apparently the guy only reads his email once a week or something.  I think it's torqued.  And bowed.

I'm never dealing with this asshole again.

2 hours ago, Dusty Chalk said:

I ordered this guitar almost a year ago.  They finally came in in ... January/February?  We've been going back and forth on pickups until finally I said fuck it, just send me the guitar stock.  He shipped it with the pickups included, but taken out, no strings, and a chip.  I think it's been sitting like this for the last month or so, because apparently the guy only reads his email once a week or something.  I think it's torqued.  And bowed.

have you tried loosen up the neck screw ? hard to judge from the pics but could seem like it has been over tighten ...

Yes, it's a PRS SE Custom 24/7-string. 

Torqued is when it has a slight helical twist to it; bowed is when it has a slight arc to it.  It has a lot to do with the fact that it isn't strung or "set up" (mostly truss rod adjustment, but setup also includes other things, like adjustment of the bridge height and intonation).  Strings put an expected tension on the neck which compensates for some amount of bowing and torquing.  The problem is without stringing it up, I have no way of knowing if stringing it up will solve the problem, but if I'm not going to keep it, I don't feel like bothering.  He has agreed to take it back, so there's that...and he's sending a new one, so IMHO, he's taking care of it. 

I't's really hard to tell from the pictures, since the best way to see the problem is to sight along the neck, and the camera refuses to focus on everything at once.  It's subtle.  It's probably recuperable, but I just don't feel like dealing with it.  Dude needs some serious training in "presentation" and PR.

As you say, it's not about the money, it's about the supposed prestige a firm like PRS has grown over the years. He cannot deliver a premium guitar like that if he wants to keep it. For crap guitars at a premium price we already have plenty of Gibson, Fender, Epiphone, Ibanez, Martin, etc to choose from. Nothing is as it used to be anymore :(

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/g-shop/item/160501-009y/

Translated from the original:

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/g-shop/160501-009y

Example text:

惜しみなくその実力を発揮したJAZZ GuitarブランドSeventy Sevenがついに入荷です。

Google translate:

Generously JAZZ Guitar brand Seventy Seven, which exerts its ability is finally in stock.

Displayed translation:

Generous JAZZ Guitar brand Seventy Seven demonstrated all that shit is finally in stock now. 

XD

• 2 weeks later...

norma_crop-845x313.jpeg

Well that's just silly

Background -- on top of looking like a shoop -- there's a whole controversy surrounding 24 fret vs 22 fret guitars -- there is a whole school of thought who feel that the optimal placement for the neck pickup is at the 24th fret (and they're not wrong...but only because it's entirely subjective, not because of their usual stated reasons), hence 22 fret guitars, but with 24 fret guitars, they usually try to place the neck pickup as close to the neck as possible.  Eastwood Custom ^ are not even trying.

On 4/14/2016 at 3:31 PM, Dusty Chalk said:

I finally got the replacement guitar this week, and he included the strap this time, but he put it in the pocket where the packet with the cable, tools, extra springs, etc. are, and that packet was missing.

Axe Palace -- don't you ever fucking do business with him.

• 3 weeks later...