Guitar-Case

VPI

On 12/26/2021 at 6:14 PM, MexicanDragon said:

Have a link to “slimmer fingers”?

I googled it but I forgot to cut on safe search so…

I think I should probably get a bass now, no?

We all knew this would be a "yes", didn't we?

Squier Classic Vibe '60s Jazz Bass Daphne Blue - Pix of actual guitar sent from Sweetwater. Never found those smaller fingers, so didn't make much progress with the pink guitar yet, but my son got it a few months ago and was noodling around. Well... turns out Fender is doing a promo where you get a "free" Squier starter kit + a year of Fender Play (lessons/app.)

CMHC21004115-body-xlarge.jpg.auto.webp

CMHC21004115-front-xlarge.jpg.auto.webp

CMHC21004115-angle-xlarge.jpg.auto.webp

Should be here in a few days, but going to hold off until Satanmas, as this may be "my gift" from the fam. We shall see.

Probably need a bass amp (that cost more than this much-more-budget-friendly-than-a-PRS-guitar bass).

This thing is going to hold SOOOO many clothes.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, shellylh said:

Nice!!!  Get a Fender Rumble.  The practice 50 is on sale for Black Friday. 

I'll keep it in Mind; Fender is doing 12 Days of Deals right now, so I'm keeping an eye out for that too. I was seeing something about this Boss Katana 110 that has a bunch of effects and whatnot that seems interesting. I have a Line 6 for the guitar that's a modeling amp, and it's definitely cool to play with.

• Like 1

By the way, if anyone has ever flown with a bass or guitar, please let me know how it was.  I really don't want to ship it but also don't want to get to Denver and find out I can't take it on my connecting flight (I have elite status so I can get on early). 

Just now, MexicanDragon said:

Nice! Orange? Gold? Green? (Fucking colorblindness)

Metallic Tangerine (or orange)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, shellylh said:

By the way, if anyone has ever flown with a bass or guitar, please let me know how it was.  I really don't want to ship it but also don't want to get to Denver and find out I can't take it on my connecting flight (I have elite status so I can get on early).

I've heard too many horror stories: Don't let them check your bass!  Also, Steinberger make a nice headless and bodyless bass.  I have one.  It was very popular in the late 80's?  Geddy Lee played one for a short while.  There are multiple threads like this on TalkBass:

https://www.talkbass.com/threads/renting-bass-versus-flying.1567076/page-2#post-26555314

• Like 1

Just buy it a seat :)

Alternatively, check the dimensions of your case and check that against the airline's policy and the plane's above-head holding dimensions to see if it will technically fit. I've flown with a trombone that didn't fit up top before (Xavier's when we moved out,) but the FA was able to put it with some of their vertical storage up front and it was fine.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Yes, but...REGAL EGGPLANT

https://www.gibson.com/en-US/Electric-Guitar/MOD-RAM020614/Regal-Eggplant

That said, I'm downsizing -- I will be selling 90% of my guitars.

I even found a purple PRS Hollowbody that I forgot (!) I had.  WTF is wrong with me?  Don't answer that.

Or ... I don't even know what this colour is (looks "mauve" to me), but I like it:
https://www.gibson.com/en-US/Electric-Guitar/MOD-RAM020298/Metallic-Zinnia

• 3 months later...