Guitar-Case

VPI

No pedals around here.

I have found the V-Picks to be an awesome pick up as they sound almost as good as the Blue Chip and do not slip in my fingers at all.  They are super annoying though being crystal clear as I keep laying them down and then not being able to find the damn things again.

• Like 1

My as-mint-albeit-used Rivera is noisy as shit.  My friend who has one suggests replacing the tubes.  It's not a big deal, it's the sort of thing one expects when buying used.  I just don't know where all my tubes are, and I have a brazillion 12ax7 & variants.  Think I might buy some 12ax7lpses (several instances of 12ax7lps) anyway, and pretty sure I don't have any el34's.  Any recommendation for best value/not too expensive current production el34's?  I don't need to go all the way to EiElite gold pins, I don't think (do those even still exist?).

When we were in the store over the weekend, they had a Mel-o-Bar.  Seems it's rare, and of course due to its unorthodox layout (and I wanted a lap steel anyway), I was immediately drawn to it.  Should I get it?  Pros and cons, especially if anyone has any experience with one.  Seems like carpal tunnel waiting to happen, but won't know unless I try it.

Looks like I am going to be traveling non-stop for the next couple of months so I am thinking about picking up a travel guitar.  Potentially a Rainsong P12 Parlor CF unit.  Sound clips and videos I have seen make it sound pretty good.  Just not sure if it is a $1k better than the Composite Acoustics Cargo Guitar. 

I assume no one here has ever heard these?

Okay, so no, not really.  It's active, and the electronics are enough to drive Sony MDR-7506/-V6's, so would recommend trying it with Ety's or whatever you have.  It's not optimal, but I also have this.

But of course the first thing you should try is playing it acoustically -- it sounds exactly like every other unplugged electric guitar, but I've seen guitarists practice that way.

That's an ...interesting place for a cutout.

That location projects the volume towards the player.  But the main reason is maximum vibration surface area of the top.  Also why the neck is mounted like that (i assume)

Having more wood near the bridge changes the sound

Edited by aardvark baguette