Why headphones are not going to save Hi-Fi

blessingx

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
8 hours ago, blessingx said:

I dunno, man. For one bringing up Billie's style of singing as something new shows that the writer isn't familiar with crooning which appeared together with more sensitive mics.

As for boosting bass, most headphones have a low end response that is superior to most of the stuff out there. Boosting bass even more seems unnecessary.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, blessingx said:

I personally am not convinced that there are true correlations between the events as stated in the article. 

Just because I pumped gas in my car one day and the oil price went up the next day does not mean I drove up the demand of oil that caused the price hike.     

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

In my thinking, headphones and their related accessories are really the last of high end audio.      

Most people do not want to deal with home audio unless they are using it as home theater.   Audiophiles for the most part are a vanishing breed.

Headphones seem to be the final hi end audio that average people can afford and would want. People use headphones at work, idle time waiting for events, and to listen when they need them to keep a quiet environment for others.

Most of the people I work with in a tech company think whatever Bluetooth shit you buy at Best Buy is the end-all be-all of the best sound you can get. They don’t even really comprehend that it could be better, and frankly don’t care. 128k MP3s are just fine with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I agree with Pars - that's the real emerging market.

I don't see audiophile-oriented headphone products being embraced by average people. Most people I know and work with look at me strange when I told them I use a headphone amp when I listen to my headphone. Most of the time, the next sentence is "what the hell is a headphone amp?".   

• Like 2

Hehe... that is the exact reaction when I brought one of the SS Mini's into work with my Fostex's. When I plugged the headphones in and then had to plug a cable from my phone in, my boss said "Oh, no Bluetooth?". Then he listened to it and said it sounded really good. But in a sort of non-understanding way...

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...