New HiFiMAN headphones

Leonardo Drummond

I wonder if HiFiMAN is likely to update the HE-6 (call it the HE-6B, or something) by changing over to the new headband and pads, and have the best of both worlds in their flagship? Or are the older drivers too heavy for the newest headband's design?

Yeah, the new pads are based on jerg's design.  Definitely getting them for my HE-6. 

I'd actually love the new headband for my HE-6 as well, haha. 

Oh that's pretty cool... I hope they aren't giant dust magnets like my jerg pads are.  Would indeed be nice to have that headband upgrade option for older models, in fact i might even start using my HE500 again.

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if HiFiMAN is likely to update the HE-6 (call it the HE-6B, or something) by changing over to the new headband and pads, and have the best of both worlds in their flagship? Or are the older drivers too heavy for the newest headband's design?

The strategy seems pretty thought out.  HE-560 is a step up successor to the HE-500.  But there's still room for an HE-670 or something named like that.  Given that Fang redesigned the driver completely for the HE-560, I'm sure there will be something similar for the HE-6's successor.

But yeah, I'd like to swap out the headband of the HE-6 with the HE-560's headband.

• 1 month later...

Worrying quote from recent 6Moons review

On May 9th I got a surprise email from Peter Hoagland, Fang's PR man. "As hard as this may be to believe, Fang has identified two critical design changes he needs to make to the HE-560 so we need to bring it back and ask you to wait for its replacement before you write about it. I apologize in advance for any inconvenience. My colleague in the U.S. Summer Yin will be in contact with a prepaid return shipping label. Then one of us will let you know when you can expect the replacement."

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews2/hifiman/2.html

The 560 seems to have been withdrawn from sale too as its dissapeared off both the US and HFMDirect web sites?

Edited by complin

Yay for selling half finished garbage. 

Just wait for the overpriced piece of shit they have in store for the electrostatics.  I couldn't stop laughing when I heard about it and they might even beat Woo and RSA for worst ever electrostatic amp. 

On May 9th I got a surprise email from Peter Hoagland, Fang's PR man. "As hard as this may be to believe, Fang has identified two critical design changes he needs to make to the HE-560 so we need to bring it back and ask you to wait for its replacement before you write about it. I apologize in advance for any inconvenience. My colleague in the U.S. Summer Yin will be in contact with a prepaid return shipping label. Then one of us will let you know when you can expect the replacement."

The 560 seems to have been withdrawn from sale too as its dissapeared off both the US and HFMDirect web sites?

I've yet to see a single Hifiman headphone that stays in the market without a change. Or simply stays long enough :palm: Are they kidding us or what?

Look at software develpment, most of it has the user beta testing. Within some years i bet allot of people will have 3d printers in one form or another. And you can either make your own updated parts for free or more likely you pay to download the schematic so you can stay current. Subscription headphones anyone?

These guys make Audez'e looks sane in comparison.