New HiFiMAN headphones

Leonardo Drummond

I'm not sure whether this has been mentioned here, but it appears that HiFiMAN is launching some new models. Have you guys seen it? Major updates, apparently.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13645_3-57616687-47/hifimans-advanced-headphone-tech-at-ces-2014-improves-sound-quality/

Just when I thought I had finally assembled my definitive setup...

I'm not too fond of the square headband either, but all I can see in that picture is wood... I like wood. Very much.

And Birgir, no love for HiFiMANs? I actually prefer my HE500s to the LCD2s by a wide margin. I can see that the mids and treble on the Audez'es are more cohesive and very neutral (IMO), but I can't get past the bass which is, for me, just too much. Add to that serious comfort issues and it's a win for the HE500s. I know I'm the exception, though ;D

I'm not too fond of the square headband either, but all I can see in that picture is wood... I like wood. Very much.

And Birgir, no love for HiFiMANs? I actually prefer my HE500s to the LCD2s by a wide margin. I can see that the mids and treble on the Audez'es are more cohesive and very neutral (IMO), but I can't get past the bass which is, for me, just too much. Add to that serious comfort issues and it's a win for the HE500s. I know I'm the exception, though ;D

Guess I'm also the exception. I feel the exact same way. I also like the HE-6. 

I was disappointed that Sennheiser didn't have a top line new offering at the show.

I guess we will have to wait until later in the year for a supposed answer to AKG's K812.

This sort of thing pisses me off. Like a lot. 

Why should they be expected to? 

Moore's law does not apply to mechanical things. 

I was disappointed that Sennheiser didn't have a top line new offering at the show.

I guess we will have to wait until later in the year for a supposed answer to AKG's K812.

They'll just bump the prices so the HD6XX gets 900$ and the HD800 goes to 2k. Instant flagshipses!

But it does apply to the compute power for simulation and FAE - assuming they do that. Cars seem to manage to improve over time.

FAE=failure analysis engineering? 

I don't think headphones (or speakers) are that easy to simulate. 

Advances in computer tech & more importantly the VERY good availability of compact rapid prototyping machinery might help things out, but I think senn is large enough that they could afford older & more expensive rapid prototyping. 

Once you reach a certain point is just really hard to make improvements. 

This sort of thing pisses me off. Like a lot. 

Why should they be expected to? 

Because they posted a picture of the Orpheus on their Facebook page from their glory days.  I forget what they said about it, but it was something like the pinnacle of headphones.

No, they shouldn't always have to come out with something moarbetr, and yes, they should wait until they get it right to come out with a product.  So I agree with the sentiment.  But I am still interested in whatever they come out with next.

But I am still interested in whatever they come out with next.

I am also interested to see what is new, but I don't necessarily expect better.  

Does Kaizen need to affect the finished product to apply? It sounds like it is being applied well if you have a consistent product, and you just improve your worker's lives a bit by upgrading their chairs or doing something else that is not necessarily obvious to the end user.