New HBO series True Detective

Pars

• 2 weeks later...

Just powered through episodes 1-3 and love it!

This. The opening theme is awesome but I have always liked T Bone Burnett.

Also loving it and MM is the better actor so far, surprisingly. Woody seems too wooden.

I always thought Matthew McConaughey was a better actor than most reviewers gave him credit for.

We want Bosch ! All Harry Bosch - Michael Connelley fans.... look at the free pilots on Amazon, and vote to have the cop show Bosch made into a series. Carl used to work with Michael ( we a bit biased). We both thought the pilot was good.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=nav_sap_aiv?ie=UTF8&docId=1001155581

Edited by Seed Lady

• 2 weeks later...

With only two episodes left to go they are going to have to be pretty explosive. I'm really looking forward to it.

I have to say, I'm really impressed with Michelle Monaghan's acting. In so many of her roles she is there to stand around and look pretty. Here she more than holds her own against the two male leads.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wondering if anybody else here knew someone who read True Detective magazine way back when.

Growing up in the south, I did know a couple of friend's dad's who did.

Never did really pick one up myself and I would guess that , given the lurid cover art, my buddies mom's wouldn't have allowed it.

It seemed like most of those dad's had some kind of chip on their shoulders. One in particular was a short, nasty piece of work that was employed at the state Pen. At the dinner table he did a lot of bragging about kicking lots of ass and using the 12 gage pump that sat in the corner of their kitchen.

I have a feeling he was probably something like a cook or someone who never saw any action.

Not to say that the series is anything like the contents of the magazine (although, since I never read one, I can't say).

It does seem to be inspired by the feelings that the era and subculture evokes in me.

Can't wait to see where it ends up!