New HBO series True Detective

Pars

Without woody & mathew ,they won't be back.

i'm kind of hoping true detective becomes a platform for actors that you didn't think were amazing before, but really have the chops to make it happen.

I also would like to see at least one female lead in the next season.

• Like 1

Just an awesome viewing experience!

I'm really hoping that this is the future of adult TV.

I can't help but think that this show had some influence on the best actor Oscar?

It might just be general love for the McConnaisance, but his role in DBC was really unforgettable. The role of a lifetime.

I had saved/put off watching the season finale until last night. It did not disappoint!

It will be interesting to see what they might do for Season 2, even though it hasn't been announced by HBO yet. Given the critical acclaim and viewer numbers, I would be surprised if it is not picked up for another season. Matthew McConaughey has already said he would not return, but since it is an anthology, that is no surprise.

• 1 month later...

Sick-couch/True Detective marathon this weekend. Cuddled up with blankets and an iPad in the middle of the night as it should be watched. Episode 1-7 was entertaining as hell and I loved the original take on the cop-buddy opposing dynamic, but eight was a major disappointment and felt like they belittled the other 7 with that climax. And that double ending, tacked on sidewalk speech was the weakest five minutes of the whole season. That said, overall fun and interested where they will go in season two (I thought that still wasn't official)?

Silicon Valley just got picked up for season two though.

• 3 weeks later...