Cincinnati Meet: 22 Feb 2014

Emooze

Thanks to everyone who showed up, especially Jacob for making food and drinks. Sorry again for it turning into a bit of a cluster fuck. Next time I'll check the game schedule ahead of time to avoid all the craziness.

I did actually get to do some listening at one point. Jim's Omega's out of the KGSSHV were sublime. All the delicious liquid tweaks made it that much better.

Edited by Emooze

Adrian, it wouldn't be a HC meet without some level of clusterfuck. But we always find a resolution. You did good and remember, don't argue with your uncle.

Jacob, the carnitas were awesome. For the 35th time, they really were. :) I love you man.

Jim, glad to have another person of age there. Otherwise who knows what these kids would get up to. Thanks for great whiskey and conversation.

Colin, great to see you. Hope it's not as long till the next time.

Jeff, we lost you at some point, but thanks for good whiskey and beer and for hanging out with us.

I had a great time. I always do but Cincinnati always seems to be a step above. Thanks Adrian and Jacob!

• Like 2

12735395815_d71a79391d_b.jpg

Then Day Two began w/a Mac Meitner MA-1 Pass J2 Beyer T1 listening session...The optical out sounded better to me fwiw....

I tried the T1s through the Woo W2, but much prefered the Pass...

& then compared the Sennheiser IE-800, Westone 4 & Audéo PF-232 all with an iPhone 5...The Senns made the others look/sound silly...Tremendous bass...

Edited by emelius

Well it didn't seem like anyone was running bar at Arnold's...We left at the threat of live music...

The Mastodon was pretty tasty & wasn't just a Belgian yeast bomb...I haven't gotten to the Truth yet...I got some sorta Nøgne Ø/Brew Dog/Mikkeller Horizon Tokyo Black & Bourbon Væsel Brunch at Party Source...& a Drie Fonteinen Zwet.be...

Edited by emelius

Wow, I totally didn't see you there! I had gone there and a few other stores looking for the Elijah Craig barrel proof, so wasn't expecting the tasting or purchase. I got this:

p0agbUd.jpg

before that, I had lunch was wunderbar.

mw7QgVe.jpg

It was great seeing you guys again, major props to Adrian and Jacob for organizing.