Woo Audio 3 Plus Any Good?

tony3d

Well, my problems with the Val E10 continue. After 5 days with it I'm done.

At this point I'm really tired of messing with this. It has taken up way to much of my time. I got the replacement tube yesterday, and of course I still have the same problem of a buzz and no music after about an hour or so. I think instead of wasting anymore time I'm just going to order the WOOAudio 3plus. I don't think it will have any trouble with my K701's, and I should easily be able to get tubes, and repairs for it. Do you know anything about these amps? The 3 plus was beefed up to handle the K701's better. If you have any info on this amp let me know. I'll be ready to pull the trigger in about a week. I will say that the seller has been very nice. He has tried everything to satisfy me, unfortunately this amp is just a bad unit. Nothing is going to fix that.

The Woo 3 has a real nice tone body - pleasing timbre - liquid soundstage

The Woo 2 is the same but has a fuller presentation

Their problem for me is in their liquidity - instruments tend to blur together instead of being separate with air between them.

I like the Doge 6210 for $375 and $35 more for the best tubes - as good or better than amops costing three times as much. Great soundstage, beautiful natural timbre, strong bass, detailed with sharp 3-D imaging with empty space between the instruments.

I have owned all of the amps mentioned plus many more.

Art

Guest sacd lover

Well, my problems with the Val E10 continue. After 5 days with it I'm done.

At this point I'm really tired of messing with this. It has taken up way to much of my time. I got the replacement tube yesterday, and of course I still have the same problem of a buzz and no music after about an hour or so. I think instead of wasting anymore time I'm just going to order the WOOAudio 3plus. I don't think it will have any trouble with my K701's, and I should easily be able to get tubes, and repairs for it. Do you know anything about these amps? The 3 plus was beefed up to handle the K701's better. If you have any info on this amp let me know. I'll be ready to pull the trigger in about a week. I will say that the seller has been very nice. He has tried everything to satisfy me, unfortunately this amp is just a bad unit. Nothing is going to fix that.

Get the Woo 6. This amp will drive the 701's for sure.

Guest sacd lover

Tony, back on topic, get the Woo6. You will be able to drive any headphone, the price is right, you can tuberoll and the sound is reportedly very good. The amp can be serviced in the US and the manufacturer has an excellent return policy that he truly honors.

Ok, Ok. I guess I'm not suppose to buy the Dog 6210. All I want to know is WILL THE WOO 3 + DRIVE MY K701'S TO A DECENT LISTING LEVEL? I can barely afford the 3 Plus so the 6 is out of my budget. Which would better the Woo 3 plus, or the Antique Sound Lab MG Head Amp Mark III? It's just harg for me to believe that the Woo 3 plus won't drive the K701's.

Guest sacd lover

HHHHEEELLLOOO...... Well, I settled on the Woo 6. I doubt if anyone actually care, but there it is. Sorry I started this thread. :mikey1:

Congrats again Tony .... I think the Woo6 will be an excellent amp for you. :dance: