HC slow and unresponsive

Salt Peanuts

Anyone else having issues with the site being slow and/or unresponsive?  I started noticing it last week - didn't think anything of it at the time but it has been persistently slow and unresponsive since then.  I'd click to go to a forum and it just hangs there or go to a blank screen and hangs there.  Sometime, it eventually gets to the forum I clicked on, other times, I need to refresh/close tab/etc. before it works.

I haven't noticed inordinate slow down or unresponsiveness on other sites and, FWIW, my internet speed hasn't gone down (at least according to speediest.net).

Of course, it's been fine for the past hour since I've started this thread.  I don't know why I wasn't seeing it on other sites, though it was consistent through different browsers.

EDIT - Spoke too soon.

Your ISP is telling you you are spending too much time on here.  Time to get outside :)

I'm off this week and I'm not going outside till it stops snowing (so I can shovel - again).

Edited by Salt Peanuts

Haj, I took the liberty of running a trace from the server back to your IP.  Looks like a peering capacity issue somewhere along the line between Verizon and Cogent.  Cogent is one of the 5 or so providers the datacenter uses, I'll see if they feel like routing around Cogent for Verizon users, no guarantee that's something they want to do though.

Heard back from the datacenter this is pretty much a permanent change so all you FiOS customers should be ok from here on out.  It actually looks like the Verizon - Cogent spat is directly related to the current ongoing Verizon - Netflix issues.