Closed headphones

MASantos

I may look at those ATH-MSR7's at some point......while I like the B&W P5-S2 enough sound-wise, and it isolates well enough, my aforementioned comfort issues keep me lightly spying other options.

EDIT: dang, I should pull out my old re-cabled Senn 280's.  Old enough that the clamping isn't bad, isolate like the dickens, and remember thinking the sound wasn't as bad (artificial highs) as some thought.

Edited by skullguise

I've been told, but I haven't compared them myself, that the W5000X has a more present and bodyful bass than the old 5000. I never liked the late. The W3000 are quite decent, they have a response more towards the V shape than neutral, but fun to listen to. Not the best isolating headphones I know though.

The AT woodies fall into that weird headphone category of cans i love to buy and own but don't enjoy listening to. Similar to the PS1000 and GS1000. I'm not falling in that trap again.

The W5000 in particular was super comfortable on my head and super pretty to look at, they just sound totally bassless and lifeless.

• 2 weeks later...