Cool Kickstarter/Indiegogo Campaigns

blessingx

I'm with Al on this.  There is not aspect of crowd funding here, just a "new" way to drive initial sales and make the customer feel special.

What I do find truly shocking is the level of interest generated given the price.  10 people in a day plunked down ~$3k/ea for an amp that basically no one has ever heard.

And full :palm: at the name.

Note:  I wasn't defending audeze, because, well, ugh.  I just don't think crowd funding is the problem.  Because it is an effective way of generating buzz, and the cheap capital thing.  As to whether they need cheap capital or not, in general I don't care.  And again, I'm certainly not buying their products.  

The best part of that was not one of those guys was clean shaven.  Even the guy without a beard had serious 5 o'clock shadow.

Because ... Suspended 

“we’ve concluded that it is in violation of our rule requiring working prototypes of physical products that are offered as rewards.”

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/10/13/laser_razor_snuffed_out_by_kickstarter/

As Per the El Reg Comments, you can still throw your money away at them, on indiegogo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Facebook surfaced this for me, which is the first time it's ever suggested anything remotely relevant ...

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/meater-the-only-wire-free-smart-meat-thermometer-food-technology#/

I'm not even going to bother with innuendoes, as they literally make themselves!

Edited by Hopstretch
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

These look to be nicely made and the price isn't too bad at all. Never can have enough headphone stands.

Not a big fan of mixing woods, unless you're doing something special when you do so (i.e., something more than merely sandwiching ash between black walnut). So it's either the black walnut or painted elm... decisions... 

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/woodlab-royal-glam-headphone-stand

Edited by Wmcmanus

4 minutes ago, Wmcmanus said:

These look to be nicely made and the price isn't too bad at all. Never can have enough headphone stands.

Not a big fan of mixing woods, unless you're doing something special when you do so (i.e., something more than merely sandwiching ash between black walnut). So it's either the black walnut or painted elm... decisions... 

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/woodlab-royal-glam-headphone-stand

They look solid, but I bet my cat can still knock them over.  Favourite comment: "Can these hold bananas?"

1 hour ago, Dusty Chalk said:

They look solid, but I bet my cat can still knock them over.  Favourite comment: "Can these hold bananas?"

Actually, as I read the comments, there is a lot of concern that these stands are not thick enough (at 7.5cm instead of a more desired 10cm, which apparently they are willing to offer in a future drop due to all of the feedback). The concern is that earpads may be damaged from uneven pressure. Most headphones are about 9mm wide, so it seems. Someone posted several pics with a pair of Denon D7000 on the stand, where the outer parts of the earpads are not making contact with the stand. Dang site won't let me grab a pic to post it here. Will wait for the 10cm version.

Oh, and the other issue is that being solid wood they are quite heavy and shipped from Canada, so the shipping is 50% of the price of the silly things.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...