A little computer component advice needed...

So I'm finally going to do something about the sagging performance of my windows lappy.  Right now it's got a hybrid drive in one slot and a standard lappy drive in the other, both 500GB.  I don't think I really need that much capacity so I'm thinking all I really need to replace is the primary HD with a SSD with at least ~240GB to allow for application and some document storage with a buffer.  Right now I'm leaning towards the Crucial M500 or Kingston V300, both of which are under $130 for the 240GB version.  If there's a compelling reason to spend a little more I could be swayed.  And while it doesn't quite double the price to get to 480GB I just don't think I need that much rapid access storage but again, I am here asking for advice so...

I'm also going to bump the RAM from 4GB to 8GB.  

I haven't quite convinced myself to tackle upgrading the processor which was actually downgraded by the PO to an i5 from the stock i7 :palm:.  I'm not sure it makes a difference anyway in my application.

In case it makes a difference the platform is an Alienware M17X R2 w/ dual ATI HD 4780s (1GB each) so my feeling is that I should be able to get a few more years out of this thing without a major investment.  I basically use it as a mobile desktop, always AC powered.

Thanks in advance.

Nate, most people will not see the speed difference between an SSD you listed and something like a Samsung 840 Pro.  Go with the Crucial and bump up the RAM like you said.  If you can swing it, I would go for a 480GB model for the space if that will be your only drive.  I am not sure what you do with your laptop, but your CPU is usually not the bottleneck unless you encode like mad or do similar tasks; the bump in RAM is way more necessary.