cosmos

kevin gilmore

I also liked the first episode. The visuals in this one are on a totally different lever as compared to the Sagan version, which is to be expected.

The scientific content also seemed to be quite a bit lighter, but it was only the first episode so I'll be willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Ballsy to go after the church like that right off the bat.

Good episode last night. Compared to Sagan's episode on selection with the "warrior crabs" and the staged ancient japanese battle, NdGT's version is a little more down to earth. Its fun to see both not as competing, but as compliments to each other. NdGT is much more relatable whereas Sagan's high-mindedness really gave majesty to the ideas he was presenting.

Really enjoying this new one.

• 3 weeks later...

(...) NdGT is much more relatable whereas Sagan's high-mindedness really gave majesty to the ideas he was presenting. 

Really enjoying this new one.

I am also enjoying this new one. I know it is the spaceship of imagination, but I did not like two narrative licenses: 1) view under the perspective of a unicellular organism; 2) manned space travel to a black hole with conscious registries up event horizon and beyond...

• 1 month later...