March Madness 2014

tyrion

Hey, thanks for that, Mike, but unfortunately I didn't get in on time.  It wouldn't let me make any picks for the round of 64.  No worries.  I've submitted my picks elsewhere online and of course am getting slaughtered.  I almost called the Dayton upset, but didn't quite have the guts to do it.  

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was blown away by the Duke game. My daughter has gone into isolation after the game, may not hear from her until next year....

In a way I'm not surprised that a team full of seniors with 113 games together beat a team full of freshmen and sophomores with a defense that's ranked #98.

Edited by HeadphoneAddict

Now pulling for Wichita State, the only team remaining with a Wiggins.  if they can't win it all, then I'd love to see Florida get it done.  Proud of the way both of these teams have played like TEAMS all year long.  Kansas had the same problem that Duke and Kentucky had this year.  Lots of talent but lots of freshmen, and that usually doesn't work come tournament time (Kentucky's great Anthony Davis team being the exception).

The entire State of Kansas is in mourning.  Go Gators!  

I've still got Iowa State and Baylor to 'represent' for the Big 12, but for the most part I'm now just a spectator and no longer a fan.  Lots of good games to watch, so I'm not complaining.  My favorite time of the year.

My bracket basically sucks but my final four is intact along with 7 of the elite 8. My best bracket is in a money pool with some college friends. I really should have followed that one, where I didn't send VCU to sweet 16 and correctly picked the entire section for ND State vs. NM State.

I'll be rooting for UCLA this weekend :).

Edited by Aura

I got 21/32 and now 10/16 of those are still active, but I've lost both teams I picked to be in the championship game, and yet somehow I'm in the 62nd percentile among over 100k fellow idiots on the Bleacher Report online tournament.

Edited by Wmcmanus

i have a feeling that the high percentiles among everyone is an indication that most brackets are being computer generated in an attempt to cover unlikely upsets. i was 98% on ESPN until UVA won, and gambling on a #1 losing in the round of 32 only dropped me to 94%

Edited by justin

Good point, Justin.  Probably a lot of truth to that.  Makes me feel better knowing that there is a pretty good chance that I am as stupid as I think I am.  With my sucky picks, I was struggling to understand how I could have been less stupid than the average person who at least tried to guess correctly.