Wu-Tang single record worth millions?

ironbut

I confess that the subject is to grab folks attention but the Clan is truly hoping this will happen.

Very interesting idea. Kind of a cross between music and performance art?

Whatever it is, it's new!

http://www.forbes.com/sites/zackomalleygreenburg/2014/03/26/why-wu-tang-will-release-just-one-copy-of-its-secret-album/

Edited by ironbut

I kinda like the idea that (cue Movie trailer voice) ;

in a world where even the NSA can't seem to keep their damn mouths shut,..

that Secrets would become the rarest commodities of all.

Of course their worth will depend on other's interest in what is being kept secret. But I could see Secrets cash value going up and down just like luxury real estate or collectibles.

I think its a really cool idea. I like the lengths they are going to keep the record from being copied and distributed (unless the buyer of the one copy chooses to do so).

If it was convenient I would totally pay museum admission to go listen to this album, being there is no other place to hear it. It would be a unique experience, one that would force listeners to really focus on the music.

Of course I'm a huge Wu-Tang fan.

I like the idea. It is very interesting to see the methods for selling art in one medium applied to another. 

My question is really one for the buyer. Does (s)he buy it and give it away, or does (s)he buy it for exclusivity. I fear it will be the later, but who knows! Watching people interact with art can sometimes be more interesting than the art its self. I guess its going to suck to be under the magnifying glass like that. 

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

This album's back in the news.

Although I think that Shkreli has been Trumped as the most hated man in America (really, not even in the running anymore) it is nice to think that folks might have the chance to bid on his priced possessions (I'd go for the Enigma Machine myself).

http://money.cnn.com/2017/12/01/news/shkreli-wu-tang/index.html