Atlanta, GA - A-VCOA Portable Audio Jam

jhm3

Anyone who doesn't say AriPower/HF-2 rig was best in show (or, second best, after the GS-X Mk.II with HD800s, to the people with severe hearing damage, because seriously, they are only good if you are the guy on a submarine listening for the enemy walking around on the opposing submarine that's trying to find you) is dead to me.

**BRENT**

Edit: when packing up all four sets of headphones you take to work with you, remember to grab at least ONE set to take to work with you the next day. Jesus, today sucked.

Edit 2: Purk, don't let Lee or Tom Hankins steal my amp. I know they both want the HF-2s!

Edited by MexicanDragon
  • Like 1

Anyone who doesn't say AriPower/HF-2 rig was best in show (or, second best, after the GS-X Mk.II with HD800s, to the people with severe hearing damage, because seriously, they are only good if you are the guy on a submarine listening for the enemy walking around on the opposing submarine that's trying to find you) is dead to me.

**BRENT**

Edit: when packing up all four sets of headphones you take to work with you, remember to grab at least ONE set to take to work with you the next day. Jesus, today sucked.

Edit 2: Purk, don't let Lee or Tom Hankins steal my amp. I know they both want the HF-2s!

Brent, I don't have the HF-2...only your AriPower.  I really had a blast listening to your amp last night.  

Opinion worthless. 

Indeed!!  I just looked up this amp and I love how it is supposed to be balanced but there is nothing balanced anywhere.  Well unless that 3 pin XLR balanced output is the new fancy version of balanced... with shared ground.  ;D

• Like 1

Indeed!!  I just looked up this amp and I love how it is supposed to be balanced but there is nothing balanced anywhere.  Well unless that 3 pin XLR balanced output is the new fancy version of balanced... with shared ground.  ;D

I think the buyer has to purchase two Questyle amps in order to take advantage of a balanced design.  By that point it is the same price as the GS-X MK2.  That Questyle amp is a mono-block design.  It sounded good and the build quality is very Ayre like.  Still the GS-X MK2 is more transparent and dead neutral to my ears.  I wonder how much better is the Balanced Dynahi to the GS-X MK2.  Maybe KG can share his thoughts on this.