Muscle Shoals Doc

ironbut

Watched this a few months ago, STUPID good. Everyone who loves music should watch this as quickly as possible.

I'm ashamed to admit that even as a lifelong resident of Alabama I had no idea the history this studio in Muscle Shoals had. Fascinating how so many things so important to music can happen in one place. And the guy who started and ran the studio is the most fascinating character out of everyone in the doc.

For a similar type of documentary, check out the Dave Grohl directed "Sound City" if you haven't already. Also outstanding and surprisingly emotional.

You probably seen "Desperate Man Blues" on PBS or IMF but it's a great one;

http://www.dust-digital.com/dmb-dvd/

For those interested in recording studios and the early engineers, "Tom Dowd and the Language of Music" is amazing!

If you can't find it online, I have the DVD and I'd be willing to lend it out.

There was also a BBC production that followed Sir George Martin around the world searching for the roots of music which was also called "The Language of Music". I've only seen one of those but I'd love to find the rest.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...