Hot Doug's Closing Oct 2014

dsavitsk

Particularly rough line today. 2.5 hours in line before placing our order.

Going with 2x Foie Gras, cheese fries, and a game of the week:

Pernod-Infused Pheasant Sausage with Rhubarb Mustard, Goat Cheese and Truffled Radishes

I'm really going to miss these damn things.

Edited by Aura
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Part of our crew is meeting at Hot Doug's today for a HC send-off. With only 48 days left before close, this is very likely the last time we will be there as a group. I personally intend to get there at least once more in September but this is my last trip with the security blanket of knowing I can go again.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Ya, it's a great place.  No doubt.  Just think a lot of those people in the video are there just to say they were there, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.  Reminded me of the hipster beer crowd in Tampa for some reason, and I'm not so sure I would have enjoyed waiting in line for 24 hours with them.

But, who knows what those guys might spawn next?

That would be my guess.  Seems to me that eventually, Hot Doug's will probably reemerge in one way or another.  Maybe with a different name, certainly at a different (and probably much larger) location, and perhaps not for several years, but he's got a good thing going there and he's no fool.  At the same time, I can totally understand that he wants to get out of it and just have time to do whatever, whenever, and for however long he wants to.  

From the articles that were written when the closing decision was first announced, it just seemed like he was burned out with it and had no real plans of what might be next (and was quite happy about that).  Like I say, don't blame him.  Maybe next time (if there is a next time), he'll just be an investor/passive owner.