What about my orthos?

G600

I'm not sure if they have fully bottomed their quality issues, like driver failures.

Much has been made at the other place about channel imbalance on the 009, but as far as i'm aware its a very small proportion of those sold. Having used stax for four decades personally I have never had a driver failure. 

The problem with the Audeze is they are slightly lacking treble (or very much lacking treble in the older LCD2's).

I'm curious about this? Do you mean that they'll just start working properly again? How long does this take? Do we know why?

Thanks!

There is nothing physically wrong with them, it's simply a charge impeding the driver.  Said charge will dissipate over time and the driver return to normal. 

As to why this happens, I have a theory that the stators generate this effect due to their construction. 

There is nothing physically wrong with them, it's simply a charge impeding the driver.  Said charge will dissipate over time and the driver return to normal. 

As to why this happens, I have a theory that the stators generate this effect due to their construction. 

Thanks for this! Are all e-stats affected? Would it help to discharge the drivers when not using them?

All 'stats can suffer from this.  Simply a byproduct of the design but the 009 seems more prone than others.  No doubt that is due to a mixture of the large stators and the diaphragm coating. 

I'd always discharge the sets when unplugging.  After fairly large number of sets passing through my hands I've never had this problem.  Could also be due to the weather as the swings aren't as violent as elsewhere.  Here it is always cold or a bit colder or a tiny bit warmer. 

• Like 1