Oppo HA-1 Headphone Amplifier

If not a p.e.q, it at least comes with a nice 12 band or so analyzer so you know where the problem is :)

I have absolutely no need for another desktop amp/dac but playing with the HA-1 at least Fujiya Avic headphone festival made me want one actually. It just feels smart from the layout, U.I., in/out options.

I don't often see gear that transpires intelligence from the designer(s), the HA-1 feels like a very very well thought little bugger. More impressions / pictures on the other site under the festival impression's thread (should be hard to miss even if you seldom visit).

If not a p.e.q, it at least comes with a nice 12 band or so analyzer so you know where the problem is :)

Let's hope they can add it with a firmware update.... The support for their bluray players is top notch, these are the same guys right? I seem to recall there was a division in china doing phones and then one in the US that does bluray players and whatnot. 

Let's hope they can add it with a firmware update.... The support for their bluray players is top notch, these are the same guys right? I seem to recall there was a division in china doing phones and then one in the US that does bluray players and whatnot. 

Yep, same guys.  Their phones are also pretty stellar.  This brand has not made a lot of missteps,

From what I read, the pm1 were designed in the US, the chief designer comes from ribbon speakers design.

I am not sure I'd be too keen the the dac/amp in isolation (it may be a bit too ruthless to my taste), but it actually paired nicely with the very laid back PM-1.

Edited by arnaud