Oppo HA-1 Headphone Amplifier

• 5 months later...

Tyll,  Do you think it is worth it just to use as a DAC with the DSHA-1?  I'm currently using the Pico DAC + DSHA-1 in the office. 

I hope you don't mind me answering this.  For the same price, I would get a used NAD M51 to go with your DSHA-1 and don't look back.  The HA-1 is a bargain for the price but it won't blow you over as a dedicated DAC or headamp.  As a combo, it is an excellent value but it won't measure up to your DSHA-1 + good DAC.  So I suggest you get a better DAC and stick with your DSHA-1 for a much better results.

BTW, I've auditioned the Oppo HA-1 in person before and the built quality on this is just superb!

Edited by purk

I hope you don't mind me answering this.  For the same price, I would get a used NAD M51 to go with your DSHA-1 and don't look back.  The HA-1 is a bargain for the price but it won't blow you over as a dedicated DAC or headamp.  As a combo, it is an excellent value but it won't measure up to your DSHA-1 + good DAC.  So I suggest you get a better DAC and stick with your DSHA-1 for a much better results.

BTW, I've auditioned the Oppo HA-1 in person before and the built quality on this is just superb!

The problem is that I don't have the room for a full size DAC in my office.