KEF LS50s or ?

blessingx

's'truth.  I have a tendency to do that about everything.  People call it me getting, 'bubbly'.  Mostly with music, but yes, about everything.  Which is why, when I catch myself, I try to tone it down.  Which, on this forum, is as easy as typing up a whole post, then deleting it.  Then I still get that catharsis without being ...while being slightly less annoying.

I really should write reviews of music reproduction equipment.  'cause that's what they want.  Ad copy.  I revert to my natural form.

• 3 weeks later...

My internet connection, laptop, browser and Photoshop are not boxed up. ;) I've now heard the LS50s enough (most recently when picking up) to know I can be a fan. Just hope new space and bridged Zamps will work out. Impressions shortly after move. Scouts honor.

Bridged Zamps do sound pretty baws, however doo keep in mind that Kefies can drop to 3.2 Ohms. Each of the Zamps would then see a 1,46 Ohm load. Current wise at everyday listening levels that wouldn't be too bad, however the circuit can misbehave at such loads.

I'd try a single Zamp driving both channels. Who knows - that might actually do the trick. I for one avoid bridge amping at all costs. The power output doesn't actually double due to copper loss and other factors, and the increase in conducted current usually increases distortion and crosstalk. Also double power doesn't translate into that big of a loudness increase.

Edited by RudeWolf

• 5 weeks later...

Hi blessingx,

May I know with what equipment do you plan to pair the KEF LS50?

CDP, turntable or PC?

I'm asking because I have the LS50 and will use it with my laptop as source, so currently looking for DAC to replace my current DAC (Firestone Audio Spitfire).

Thanks and sorry for bumping the thread.