KEF LS50s or ?

blessingx

• 1 month later...

The current generation of new receivers are equipped with Dolby Atmos, a new sound technology that adds channels for ceiling speakers.

3.1 is still fine for me. :)

Same here. 3.1 gets it done. More speakers don't seem to make the movies any better.

Not if your lighting casts reflections everywhere from the white gloss finish. If they did cast nipple afterimages they should be marketing it to me as a real feature

I bought parts for the CSX1 amplifier, hopefully there will be some synergy between these components. It didn't sound ideal but the VFET devices seem cool

• 4 months later...

But but but the Mytek is bright!!!!

Hi Torpedo,

Maybe my ears are not as well trained as most of you here, but I'm enjoying the Mytek very much now, maybe my preference is towards a brighter sound.

Also maybe my Marantz amplifier taming down the brightness a bit, but that is totally my assumption. :)

I was looking at Schiit Bifrost initially as per proposed, but dealer in my country keep on playing with the price, saying that the currency exchange between USD and my country is getting worst, so he can't really give any actual price before everything settle down, how stupid.

That is when I started looking for other option and decided on Mytek based on reviews even when I can't try it before purchasing, but it seems my gamble paid off. :)

• 4 months later...

I remember them going for 1.2k in Agon about a year ago when all the rabid reviews popped up. I got mine for 900€ back when our Monopoly money was still worth something.

I'd say it's a swell price, but nothing to get crazy about.

Just measured mine with SB2000 sub crossed at 80Hz.

GtfOS8G.png