AMB’s γ3 high-resolution DAC

johnwmclean

Interesting.  I'll try to follow development but I hardly knew that there was a γ2, not to mention a 3...

The γ2 was the double width γ1 with the second pcb that interfaced into it :) I'm definitely going to follow the development of the 3.

• 1 year later...

I've been following this for a while with great anticipation. Really glad it's out. Congratulations!

I've already got the z1 board. I'll probably do one stock y3 and then use some of the components to do something more custom.

Thanks for all of your efforts with this.

Edited by Kerry

• 7 months later...

Nice work Joachim :D

I've had my eye on this for a bit now and was reading the development forum as it was coming together.

I ordered the Z1 as I think it will make a great USB in device.

Yes, let us know what you think of the sound.  I'm thinking of basing my DAC off of this.

aluminium allergy:(

Don't like make comments on how things sound or perform. Anyhow, after several hours of listening, I like y3 significant better than my NAD M51 and Benchmark DAC2. OK, I did build it myself which might explain my view. But it's no question that y3 is a high performance DAC and is despite some SMD parts relatively easy to build.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

As the good father I’m I gave my son my NAD M51 DAC. I think he needs decent equipment with balanced outputs.

So now use this as my DAC.

IMG_0233a.thumb.JPG.41174b21ba87da869aea1ee45ce2650f.JPG

Sounds great!!! Don’t understand why I didn’t finished this long time ago…  wife is very understanding…:popcorn:

Edited by JoaMat
  • Like 9
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...