Maniacal Keyboards

Sherwood

I tried to get my personal keyboard cleared through work, and was not allowed.  They said that they could procure one, if I had a doctor's note.  Hah.

At this point, I probably dislike work keyboards more than I ever did, and possibly more than I like the one I have at home.  I have learned to type faster, though, after learning touch typing.

• 5 months later...

I use one of these

thinkpad_usb_keyboard_with_trackpoint.jp

However, I opened up the bottom and filled it with a tar like substance to give it heft and to make it more solid. I also removed the feet and coated the whole bottom in a piece of adhesive rubber so that it had support everywhere rather than just edge nubs. I can't stand moving my hand off the keyboard to find the mouse, or using touch pads.

Sorry, Al.

Edited by dsavitsk
  • Like 1

I use one of these

thinkpad_usb_keyboard_with_trackpoint.jp

However, I opened up the bottom and filled it with a tar like substance to give it heft and to make it more solid. I also removed the feet and coated the whole bottom in a piece of adhesive rubber so that it had support everywhere rather than just edge nubs. I can't stand moving my hand off the keyboard to find the mouse, or using touch pads.

Sorry, Al.

This makes me so happy. The only time I want a mouse is when I game, but hands are constantly between mouse and keyboard at work all day. This would make me at least 7% more efficient.

I need a doctor's note.

**BRENT**

• 7 years later...
On 5/29/2014 at 10:57 AM, Voltron said:

All that mumbo-jumbo to describe a fucking keyboard?  It has letters and numbers and symbols and you hit them with your fucking fingers.  I don't think your quality of life is going to skyrocket if you re-solder your penumbraclears.  Jesus Christ on a bike, is there anything people won't obsess about?

Can we start looping old posts and timelines like Westworld? Al, it’s taken eight years, but this is why people obsess about keyboards. How else would you ever get to… 

https://drop.com/featured/lotr 
B20E54C5-E9F2-4B5A-AF48-348EB55BF1AD.thumb.jpeg.c356c2303c6457996a558d7126b9f349.jpeg

• 11 months later...

I don't know what this means for all those XXX headphones, but Corsair just bought Drop for their keyboards. 

https://techcrunch.com/2023/07/17/corsair-is-buying-mechanical-keyboard-maker-drop/ 

"The firm is also notable for high-profile branding exercises that include keycaps featuring Lord of the Rings and Marvel IP."