Maniacal Keyboards

Sherwood

Your heart is all fucked up.

I think it has something to do with the pollution and the lifestyle. I remember when it seemed ridiculous to own headphones that played full volume out of both sides.

Getting a noisy-as-fuck mechanical keyboard was pretty awesome. Such a nice typing experience. I have 2 "compact" keyboards without the dedicated number pad on the right. 

Sherwood - what switches do you have? 

Loudest ones, MX blues. I do have little silicone rings on the key stems to help deaden the sound when I press a key hard enough that it bottoms out, but that only goes so far. I have mine in an acoustically-treated room, and my wife doesn't seem to mind. I can't bring any personal electronics to work, so I've no idea if my coworkers would mind.

When I look at the title of this thread, I see 'Maniacal Keyboards'.

Interesting...

I have a Quickfire Stealth with browns sporting sph 4 keycaps.  They're my unicorn.  I'm a big fan of SA keycaps.  Like you, Tyler, I also have Penumbras coming.  I've also been meaning to try ergoclears but too lazy/incompetent to desolder/resolder.  But with the imminent introduction of the CM Novatouch, I probably won't even bother with MX switches much longer.

Not my pic but looks like this without the iso layout.

post-1215-0-70558200-1401381639_thumb.jp 

I was never a fan of ErgoDox because I couldn't get used to some of the key locations.  If I wanted to do nonstandard key configs, I'd spend the time and effort to learn Dvorak instead.

All that mumbo-jumbo to describe a fucking keyboard?  It has letters and numbers and symbols and you hit them with your fucking fingers.  I don't think your quality of life is going to skyrocket if you re-solder your penumbraclears.  Jesus Christ on a bike, is there anything people won't obsess about?

This thread needs moar DOTU

How was that?

• Like 1

All that mumbo-jumbo to describe a fucking keyboard?  It has letters and numbers and symbols and you hit them with your fucking fingers.  I don't think your quality of life is going to skyrocket if you re-solder your penumbraclears.  Jesus Christ on a bike, is there anything people won't obsess about?

How was that?

Yup, why obsessing about keyboards, headphones, bikes, amps, photography or watches when we can obsess about sex, whisky and food. Much healthier.

All that mumbo-jumbo to describe a pair of fucking headphones?  It plays music and you can hear it with your fucking ears.  I don't think your quality of life is going to skyrocket if you re-solder your capacitors.  Jesus Christ on a bike, is there anything people won't obsess about?

• 3 weeks later...

In 15+ years pounding on varoius keyboards I've never had an unpleasent keyboard that made me want to go out and spend $$ on one.  I don't know if that means that all of them have been bad or good...

It's also unlikely that I could actually do anything about my keyboard situation since what I plug into my computer at work is a heavily regulated situation.