World Cup 2014

morphsci

You american lost basketball Pan title to us in 87, and in response made the Dream Team, and the world saw what a top notch team You can make, since THIS is the native sport for USA, I guess.

For us, Brazilians, the sport of passion is futebol, by a mile and half.

It is, really, a true opportunity for poor kids to reach fame and fortune, and they play with such a passion and focused mind. And joy, a lot of it.

BUT, we have a LOT of problems regarding the big bosses who own and rule the sport here. The results You saw in the last games, a passionless, mindless and soulless group of players, who do not even qualify as a team.

I hope for a rediscover, re-foundation of Brazilian futebol, but can´t see it in the near future. We have, in our premier league, called Série A, less spectators in stadium than C series on Germany. Medium < 15.000 paying people. All teams here have problems in Justice, IRS debts, and so on.

So, no nice futebol, as seen on 70, 82, 86, in the forecast.

Tomorrow, since I love a beautiful game, hope for an even match, and Argentina all the way. Go Messi!

• Like 1

^^^ Well spoken, Mario.  Perhaps Brazilian futbol will learn and grow from the experience.

I agree. Well spoken, Mario. As I told my Brazilian family, Brazil needed to lose in order to rethink and remember what made them great, which was always about enjoying the game itself: the "jogo bonito." Who had the jogo bonito? Costa Rica. Colombia. Mexico. Even if they didn't make it, goodness those were great games.

That said, I am looking forward to see a rejuvenated Brazil next Cup. And I hope they end up in the same group with Germany... everyone likes a rematch!

I also want Argentina to win simply because I want the Cup to stay in this side of the world. =D