Songs You Came Across On Some Streaming Service And Thought Your Head-Case Buds Might Enjoy Too. No Critical Endorsement Implied. Fuck Vevo etc.

Hopstretch

On 1/10/2017 at 11:21 PM, HemiSam said:

HS

How strange is it that this photo always made me feel uncomfortable? And yet this one never did...

d67d6ac1233b9a0bad306cc6e5ccb44d.jpg

Not sure what that says about me or our society, but it seems a bit twisted.

Edited by swt61
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Torpedo said:

^both are kind of disturbing, but I somewhat agree. The first one is sort of sad, she's a girl that for some reason seems to have lost her innocence. The girl in the Blind Faith cover still has the bland look of a kid despite the nudity and her incipient development.

The first photo "Candy Cigarette" is of the American photographer Sally Mann's own children, which I think gives it an added poignancy. To me, the subject seems to be literally looking beyond the childhood her siblings are still happily caught up in, and only the mother among them knows what that means at that moment. 

little-girl-smoking.jpg

Mann caught a lot of flak for photographing her children nude and in emotionally raw situations, but the results are often truly beautiful in my opinion.

quote-i-like-to-make-people-a-little-uncomfortable-it-encourages-them-to-examine-who-they-sally-mann-87-82-56.jpg

• Like 4

23 hours ago, Torpedo said:

^both are kind of disturbing, but I somewhat agree. The first one is sort of sad, she's a girl that for some reason seems to have lost her innocence. The girl in the Blind Faith cover still has the bland look of a kid despite the nudity and her incipient development.

Well stated, Torpedo!

HS

• 2 weeks later...