Songs You Came Across On Some Streaming Service And Thought Your Head-Case Buds Might Enjoy Too. No Critical Endorsement Implied. Fuck Vevo etc.

Hopstretch

3 hours ago, Dusty Chalk said:

Unholy carp, that was great!  If you watch the behind-the-scenes, that's Lauren Wasser, that amputation is real.

the sad part is that besides this guy and the girl, who else cares? Do Muse care? does anyone else watching this video or listening to the tune care? Life goes on and everyone just takes care of him/her-self :(

Now just let's pretend the World is wonderful

If you're not the blonde or the rich guy, you'll know what's all this about.

1 hour ago, Hopstretch said:

There was some discussion of Royal Blood elsewhere.

They were on Later the other day and killed it as usual. How does he actually do that with a bass guitar?

Fucking hell, it's a bit of a mystery.  I'm in a group on Facebook with the maker of his signature pedal, and there isn't a single word on it, and you can't get it -- it was made exclusively for him.  But I have learned a few things -- he splits the signal, and puts the clean sound and distorted sound through two different amps, so that's a big part of it.  I believe he low passes the lead (dirty) sound and high passes the clean, bass sound, but that's obviously not the whole of it.

Image may contain: 1 person

EDIT:  OH HOLY SHIT, apparently the bassist/vocalist, Steve Fromage, is in the group too, I interact with him all the time.  Unholy carp, I hope I haven't said anything insulting, although I don't think I did, because I really like them and just bought all their CDs.

IIiHtM8.jpg

I just ran across this guy (not literally) at my local Wegmans -- he's fantastic.  He did this one thing where he put a capo up real high, set up a riff, looped it, moved the capo down but not off, set up another riff that harmonized with the first one, looped it, too, then played on top of those two guitars and sang.  He has an amazing sense of groove and has a high, androgynous voice that was perfect for the songs he was singing.