Songs You Came Across On Some Streaming Service And Thought Your Head-Case Buds Might Enjoy Too. No Critical Endorsement Implied. Fuck Vevo etc.

Hopstretch

We find ourselves in a cold civil war. Everyone is playing their part too well. Certain actors are reaping power and wealth from divisiveness. Echoes of the Spanish civil war when fascists and clergy win because they put up a united front against the individualistic and principled (yet scattered) left. We can turn this ship around but need to step back and be honest with ourselves about what’s happening while it’s still relatively bloodless.

Hope he's wrong.

• Like 3

I was in an extended discussion with a friend of mine tonight (a few of you will know him as Bludvessel) about how modern pop music makes me ill.  We covered some of the studio tricks used on things like Taylor Swift's dance pop and Gabrielle's "Dreams" (don't look it up) and how they make me QUESTION MY VERY WILL TO KEEP ON LIVING.  We then moved on to pop music that I actually like.  Oddly (and by that, I mean "not odd in the slightest") KSIA came up.  I have ...strip mined YouTube and P2P for live KISA.  There is precious little.  There are a few music videos, some official some not.  I've never seen this one before:

Dunno if I remotely GAF about the video, but the song is one of my favorite by KISA.  I mostly prefer the original incarnation of KISA with Sarah P on vox, but there's a lot of material on the second album with Jessica Bell singing that's basically as good as synthpop gets.  My favorite touch is the acoustic phone that rings briefly during the breakdown.

While we're on the subject of KSIA, this is the song that got me into them way back when:

Edited by Knuckledragger
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...