Songs You Came Across On Some Streaming Service And Thought Your Head-Case Buds Might Enjoy Too. No Critical Endorsement Implied. Fuck Vevo etc.

Hopstretch

9 hours ago, Torpedo said:

I'm a big Rhiannon Giddens fan. 

I only recently discovered her (from Googling the snot out of St James Infirmary and finding that one she did with Jools Holland and Tom Jones, while looking for ideas on my own arrangement).  Two things:  1 she will be streaming live on 12 June at 5pm PDT.  From BandsInTown:

Hello Peter!
Rhiannon Giddens is going to be live streaming a show.

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fs3.amazonaws.com%2Fbit-photos%2Fthumb%2F9962192.jpeg&t=1590801511&ymreqid=62e781c1-fdc1-2887-1cbc-590007010500&sig=dGWBtZ2WYEXZyCDIzceALw--~C

Rhiannon Giddens

Streaming LIVE!

Fri, Jun 12, 05:00 PM PDT

2 the tiny (home) desk concert ^

She's got the Björk bangs. I think her playing is excellent. Like most prodigies, her early education and accomplishments are exceptional... it's funny that you can be blasé about genius in the performing arts because it is so commonplace.

I'll get her latest album (Nightfall – Debussy, Satie, and Ravel) and let you guys know if it's any good.

Edited by HiWire

43 minutes ago, HiWire said:

She's got the Björk bangs. I think her playing is excellent. Like most prodigies, her early education and accomplishments are exceptional... it's funny that you can be blasé about genius in the performing arts because it is so commonplace.

I'll get her latest album (Nightfall – Debussy, Satie, and Ravel) and let you guys know if it's any good.

It’s not just that, she obviously enjoys the music as much as I —as the audience member, not just me personally—do.  I realize when I spoke, I was talking about her looks, but it’s really cute how joyous her playing is, too.  I’m listening to her on Tidal right now, her playing is excellent.

• Like 1