Songs You Came Across On Some Streaming Service And Thought Your Head-Case Buds Might Enjoy Too. No Critical Endorsement Implied. Fuck Vevo etc.

Hopstretch

I've been listening to her without watching her all day, and I think I figured it out.  Her silent motions are the visual portion of the performance, because her playing is so meticulous that she imparts no personality onto the music (and that’s a good thing).  You know how when you hear Keith Jarrett or Brad Mehldau (or more obviously, Miles Davis or David Gilmour), you know immediately who's playing?  Not with her, I can't.  She lets the (beautiful) music speak for itself.  I would love to hear her play some Schubert or Bach, or any other kind of music that "plays itself".  So her movements at the bench are the visual portion of the performance. 

Or maybe she just can't help herself, maybe she's just that moved by the music.

Oh well, don't know, don't care, I enjoy, and she obviously does too, and that's all that matters.

On the bright side, she does Pictures -- one of my favourite pieces for piano, EVAR -- her performance of it might have just zoomed into the top spot for me.

Thanks for reminding me of her.  By the way, I had heard her before, in a collaboration she did with Ólafur Arnalds, The Chopin Project, which I also enjoyed.

Really wish I was paying more attention at the time, would've seen her live.  That was 5 years ago.

Unrelated-- jazz:

• Like 2